Join us for a Family social/fundraiser night at Wings N Things in Santee on
Tuesday May 9th anytime from 10:30am-9pm
eScrip is one of the easiest fundraising opportunities out there!
Just sign up and a portion of every purchase you make can support the program!
You don't even have to be a TEMPO member to sign up.
Get your friends, coworkers, and extended family (even in other towns) to sign up
and a percentage of what they are already spending on gas, groceries, dining out, and more
comes straight to us to support our kids!
TEMPO received an average of $700 per month -- that's about as much as we make
at fundraising events such as Movies by the Lake (each night) or car washes
and we didn't have to do anything but sign up!
AmazonSmile – Register at www.smile.amazon.com, select TEMPO, aka West Hills High School Totally Excellent Music Parents Organization, from the many charities listed, and .5% of your eligible purchases will go to support the band, guard, and drumline programs.
14 Tips for Fundraising Success
1. Ask, ask ask again. Remember you are asking for the West Hills High
School Band & Guard Program, not for yourself, so there is no need to be
uncomfortable. The minute you limit who you ask, you limit the amount
you can raise.
2. Start a letter-writing or email campaign. Mail or email donation request
or sponsorship letters to your family, friends, and co-workers. Be sure
you include your personal fundraising goal in the letter.
3. Be Optimistic! Have a positive attitude and you will accomplish great
4. Host fundraising party and ask people to pledge their support that night.
5. Create a buddy system. Ask a person who cannot participate to help you
collect donations for you.
6. Bring your pledge sheet with you wherever you go.
7. Host a bake-sale, a raffle, a used-book sale, or a car wash, and donate the
proceeds to West Hills High School Band & Guard Program.
8. Ask one person/company a day to sponsor you.
9. Give something up. Whether it is a movie, a few drinks, a manicure, or a
dinner at an expensive restaurant, contribute what you would have spent
to West Hills High School Band & Guard Program.
10. Ask people to contribute to West Hills High School Band & Guard
Program instead of buying you a gift for your birthday.
11. Give up a “vice” for a week. Give up soda or chocolate and donate the
money you would have spent to West Hills High School Band & Guard
12. Find out if your parent’s company has a matching gift program. Matching
gifts can double your money!
13. Invite friends to sponsor you on Facebook, in your email messages, and
on other social media sites.
14. Set a daily fundraising goal for yourself and beat it!
Please bring in your recycling!
One of our parent volunteers will take your
recyclables with a CA redemption value and turn them into cash for the program.
We also collect empty toner cartridges, ink jet cartridges, and cell phones.
(toner and ink cartridges must be brand names to get a recycle value)
Please bring all these items to the band room for regular collection.
We are always looking for new grants and fundraiser opportunities.
If you know of any, please tell us!