Acid-resistant paint for walls and metal - properties, types
In order to protect some surfaces from aggressive external environments, paints with special characteristics are required. Such paints and varnishes should not be destroyed by acids or other chemically active agents. Acid resistant paint can be one of those highly resistant materials used for surface treatment that are extremely important.
There are many varieties of acid resistant paints and varnishes on the market. Paints differ from each other in composition, but the preparation work in all cases is unchanged and can only differ depending on the type of coating.
The most famous acid-resistant paint and varnish material is XB-785. The paint has been produced since the time of the USSR. It is with this composition that a huge part of the surfaces that are used in an aggressive environment is painted.
Please note that all technical requirements for acid-resistant paint and varnish materials are set out in such a document as GOST 7313-75.
Acid-resistant compositions have the following characteristics:
Such components are diluted with organic solvents. In the role of additives, pigmenting agents are used, and also plasticizers - they will improve the characteristics of the material, and also increase the resistance of protective coatings in the external environment.
The paint and varnish material is used both for painting the interior of buildings and for facades.
Now about the priming process.
Before painting the surface , it should be primed for XB-785 paint; XB-784 varnish composition is used as a primer. The characteristics of such a varnish, as well as its quality parameters, are determined by the provisions of GOST 7313-75.The use of a primer varnish composition makes it possible to strengthen the base, and also achieve ideal adhesive properties of the coating. It is the priming that will ensure the reliability of the protective coating and make it possible to add its service life.
Recently, two-component products, which combine epoxy paints and hydrocarbon resins, have become increasingly popular. For paints of this type, the following qualities are characteristic:
Please note that surfaces painted with anti-acid paints can be washed with detergents. This will not damage the base or change its performance.
When performing work, a number of rules should be followed:
- Acid-resistant paints for wall surfaces, do not dilute with extraneous ingredients. This will adversely affect the quality of the coating.
- His weather forecast will report rain, work should be canceled. According to technological requirements, drying of the surface must necessarily occur without direct contact with water.
- It is only necessary to paint on a dry surface.
- The substrate should never be dirty, and it is required to remove dust, debris and oil stains from it.
- The surface must not be loose.
If so, it is required either to refuse staining, or to take measures to create a surface that will be much denser.
- Painting works can be performed only in the recommended temperature regime - the maximum temperature is +30 degrees, and the minimum is +5 degrees.
Work is carried out in this order:
Let us consider separately the paint "AnticorChem".
On the market there is not just XB-785, but also other types of anti-acid compositions. One of them will be acid-resistant paint "AnticorChem", and as an example it is worth examining the characteristics of the specified paint and varnish material, as well as the features of its use
. "AnticorChem" as an acid-resistant paint, is used for painting the following types of surfaces:
Advantages of the AnticorChem paint and varnish material:
- Resistance to aggressive external environments. The paint is specially adapted for use in harsh conditions. A distinctive feature of "AntikorChem" is a higher temperature threshold compared to competitors - the coating will not lose its quality at temperatures up to +70 degrees.
- Speed of drying and relatively low requirements for preparation work. The paint and varnish material dries out within an hour, and it can be applied even on rusty surfaces.
- Versatility of use. The product has excellent adhesion characteristics in relation not only to rough steels, but also to galvanized and non-ferrous metals.
Paints for metal, which are resistant to aggressive environments, as well as other materials - they are irreplaceable in construction and industry. Anti-acid agents place high demands on the process compliance. For this reason, carefully read the instructions from the manufacturer before using such paints and varnishes.
( 1 grade, average 5 of 5 )
Posted By: Work Style |06, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |12, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |03, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |06, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |02, Nov 2020