Bikrost TKP - what is it? Specifications and Applications + Video
Roll roofing material intended for waterproofing buildings and structures is called bikrost TKP. It is a product made from several layers of various components.
It is not only a good barrier for water, but also does not transmit sound, steam.
It is mainly used for roofing.
Stages of production
For the manufacture of this material bikrost, the manufacturer uses the technology of fusion of bitumen composition, on a base made of fiberglass and woven on a special machine.
It is called fiberglass fabric. By its characteristics, it is a durable material. Glass filaments are made from silicon sand by melting with a temperature of 1300 0 s, with the addition of soda and shale. It imparts flexibility and tensile strength to the material.
- Glass fiber is woven into a durable fabric.
Then it is impregnated with an adhesive for a more reliable connection of the constituent components.
- Then a bituminous mixture is fused onto the fabric from both sides. The bottom surface is treated with a polyethylene film to prevent the material from sticking during storage.
- A layer of gray slate is applied to the outer surface by spraying. Quartz sand is an alternative material for bikrost surface treatment.
These measures are necessary to ensure that the material is protected from the infrared radiation of the sun. On a sunny day, the temperature on the surface of the material can reach 80 0 C, and this adversely affects the physical properties of the roof.
- The UV protection of the coating is reliably ensured by the addition of polymer to the outer layer bitumen.
- Bikrost is produced in rolls, inner layer out. This is necessary for its correct unwinding when gluing to the surface.
The sheet is 10 meters long and 1 meter wide. The roller weighs 40 kg.
- Apply a waterproofing material on solid surfaces made of concrete or cement screed.
Meaning of the abbreviation
Roll material with the letters TCH is a type of bikrost product line. Each letter has its own meaning and serves for the correct choice of material for certain types of work
Positive qualities of roofing material
- Provides complete protection of the object from moisture.
- Reduces noise penetration.
- Withstands wide range of ambient temperatures.
- Long service life.
Long shelf life with proper organization of conditions.Located in the warehouse in a single-row vertical position, the temperature is not lower than 10 0 C heat and not higher than 28 0 C.
- Convenient packaging for storage and transportation.
- Fast assembly.
- Has an attractive appearance.
- Has increased tensile strength.
- High elastic bending ability.
- Does not delaminate.
Places of application of bikrost TKP
Inexpensive price and good technical data allow using the material for solving various problems:
Rules for gluing rolls of TKP
Vertical protection against moisture
- Before using tarred glass fiber for production vertical waterproofing, surfaces are cleaned of dirt, peeling areas of the base material are removed, old paint and oil stains are peeled off.
- The dry surface is treated with a dust-free primer and allowed to dry.
- A bituminous primer is applied to the treated surface. It dries quickly, as it is made on the basis of bitumen diluted in an acetone solvent.
- At the end of the process, bikrost TKP is glued. The technology is based on heating the lower bitumen layer.
For reliable adhesion and removal of air bubbles, the sheet is rolled with a hard roller.
Attention! In closed rooms, it is prohibited to use open flame propane burners for pasting surfaces. For these purposes, a building hair dryer is used.
- The strips are glued from bottom to top, for even distribution of the softened layer of mastic.
- In the process, the sheets are necessarily glued with an overlap.
- Seams must be additionally heated and rolled for reliability.
Horizontal protection of surfaces with soft insulation
- The surface is cleaned of debris, wet places are dried with a stream of hot air. Damaged areas are subject to on-site repair.
Important! In the case of repair work on the existing soft roof, it is necessary to identify all the places of the swollen existing roofing material. They need to be opened.
If moisture is present, dry it.
- Primary patches made of roofing material for the first layer and bitumen are glued to these areas.
- Then, on top, over the entire area, a primer is applied and sheets of bituminous waterproofing material are glued with rolling with a heavy roller.
- At temperatures below zero degrees, the material becomes brittle and loses elasticity.
- When using open fire, it is necessary to strictly monitor the heating places, you can burn through the material.
- During hot weather, it is forbidden to go out on the roof made with the deposited material and perform any work.
- If the integrity of the layer is violated, urgent measures must be taken to repair. If water penetrates under the layer of material, then during winter frosts, the sheet may break in this area, which will entail leakage of liquid into the room.
If all the rules and regulations for the operation and installation of bikrost TKP are observed, the coating quality for the entire service life will be reliable with a large margin of safety.