Paint for road marking AK-511 - properties and characteristics
Road markings are required in order to ensure the safety of traffic and increase the capacity of the road for vehicles.
To prevent the marking from being erased as much as possible, it should be applied with a special paint.
It should be selected taking into account regional climatic features and the state of the road bed. In this article we will take a look at the AK-511 road marking paint, but first, let's talk about all road paints in general.
Not all roadways are marked with illuminated markings , and now it can be found on the autobahns, as well as on highways with incredibly heavy traffic.
And now a little about the requirements for road paints.
The marking can be carried out only in the warm season, and it must necessarily comply with GOST R51256.
Road paints and varnishes for marking on asphalt should not only reflect light, but also have other technical characteristics:
The coloring composition must necessarily be bright in color, so that at night, in bad weather conditions, the markings are visible even with the naked eye.
The composition of the paint and varnish material for applying the marking will help determine the conditions for its use:
- Regional climatic conditions.
- Traffic - Highways require wear-resistant materials for marking. Two-component formulations are perfect here.
- Physical and chemical characteristics of asphalt pavement.
Acrylic type paint is produced in a concentrated state, and therefore should be diluted with water to the required consistency level. It is easy to use and can also be sold ready-made as an aerosol.
Acrylic-based paint can be applied by any method, but the most commonly used spray method. Such compositions are allowed to be applied not just to asphalt, but also to oil-bitumen and concrete road surfaces. It is necessary to work with compositions of a water-dispersive type in dry and warm weather, because if wet, it can be washed off the road immediately after application. The polyacrylic mixture hardens already after 1/2 hour after dyeing.
AK-511 paint is not alkyd, but alkyd-type dyes have a rubber-rubber base.
They have appeared quite recently. In addition, they have high adhesive properties as well as increased wear resistance. Such paints proved to be excellent on high-speed autobahns. Consumption per square meter may differ for different types of coatings. Such paint cannot be applied using an aerosol method.
Other paints and varnishes to which reflective powder is added can be used for sedentary trails and in those places where road markings have already been drawn. Use on a busy road is not recommended because the distribution of illuminating particles in them will be uneven.
Such enamels are innovative. Their production is carried out using the most modern technologies. The composition does not contain solvents, and the concentration of reflective pigments is much higher than that of other compositions.
Such paints and varnishes have high strength, as well as excellent adhesion characteristics. The markings will not be damaged even by snow removal equipment, and two-component enamels can be used for all types of coatings. For their application, you can use both classic aerosols and a complex special technique for painting. The consumption of the mixture will not exceed 0.5 kg per square meter.
You can also apply and airfield markings.
Road-type markings are applied in two ways, and their choice will depend on the physical state of the paint to be applied.
- Cold state. This application technology is used when working with dyes or enamels based on natural solvents, cold plastics, as well as water-dispersed coloring compositions. In this way, markings are applied to areas with high surface wear, for example, at pedestrian crossings.
The label can be used for approximately 2 years. In case of heavy traffic load, the hot paint method is used.
- Thermoplastics and yellow thermoplastic tapes should be hot applied, glued to the road surface with a gas burner. The work should be carried out at an ambient temperature of +5 to +36 degrees.
Further we propose to consider a certain composition.
Among the dyes, one can single out the narrow-profile use of materials. These include paint such as AK-511. It is applied to an asphalt road, and hence the name - road. It should be applied on highways, at a driving training range for drivers, and on an airfield runway. The frequency of marking updates will depend on the intensity of traffic on the road.
Highly visible white stripes are the result of adhesion of the material to the road surface (concrete and asphalt). Reflective beads are sometimes added to road paint. It is designed for use in continental temperate latitudes.
This is a road-type paint used to mark streets and carriageways. It is used in temperate continental climates.
The dye contains pigments and fillers, which are combined with modifying additives. Such a composition corresponds to GOST R52575-2006, which will regulate the use of general-purpose road surfaces for painting. It is a fast drying mixture that has excellent light fastness and increased luminance factor. The markup will be visible in any type of lighting. Like other paints, AK-511 has excellent adhesion properties, high resistance to wear, as well as to chemical and damp environments.
To enhance the reflective effect, glass beads can be added to the enamel to return light. It should be applied on a dry and clean surface, and thinner can be added to the enamel. To further increase the reflectivity of the markings, paint and varnish should be applied over the markings.
This technology has many advantages:
With a layer thickness of 0.25 cm, each square meter will take from 3.5 to 4 kg of paint.
On the road surface, the dried paint layer becomes a homogeneous shiny film. The markings can be yellow, white, red, black and orange. The color will directly depend on the destination. Manufacturers produce paint in buckets of 25 liters and containers, and the sustained storage conditions dictated by the manufacturer + correct transportation will ensure that the paint will meet all standards. When transporting containers with paint, it is impossible to allow depressurization, violate the temperature storage regime and deviate from the norms of the humidity level.
Paint for road marking is applied at a temperature of +5. . + 36 degrees, and with air humidity less than 80%. Prepare the road surface prior to application. It should be dried, cleaned of dirt, sand and oil / grease stains.
The paint should be checked for viscosity, stir thoroughly. If the material has a thick consistency, then the solvent R-5A can be used. an additive in the form of quartz sand with grains of 0.03 cm increases the resistance of the dye to wear. In this case, the proportion of additives from the paint mass should be no more than 10%.
It is necessary to apply the markings with special equipment - an airless spray. Hand sprayers, brushes and rollers are also used.
Reflective beads will enhance the light reflectance of the coating. They should be applied after a maximum of 10 seconds on top of the enamel. If the markings on the road surface are applied in accordance with the instructions, then all the performance indicators that the manufacturer will proclaim will be guaranteed to them.
But if the conditions are violated, then the period of use of the dye is reduced. For example, road markings should not be applied in wet conditions or on wet road surfaces.
Paint as road markings has such important properties :
- The combination of paint colors makes it more visible on the road within 24 hours, regardless of weather conditions - this characterizes the brightness of the paint for road marking AK-511.
- Special granules increase the visibility of the dye - this is an indicator of its light reflection.
- The speed and ease of staining will depend on the strength of the application or on the adhesion of the enamel to the road.
- The nature of the surface and the degree of road load will preserve or reduce the life of the road markings. The fine quartz sand added to the paint will increase its resistance to wear.
- The high-quality composition is wash-resistant and resists the action of gasoline and liquids. It is not washed off with salts, sodium hydroxide and chloride, which are used for cleaning the road surface.
- Resistance to temperature fluctuations and whims of the weather, shock, to loads of large transport are important properties of dyes.
- Being under constant exposure to sunlight, the applied markings must remain strong, not crack, not lose brightness, which characterizes the resistance of the paint to ultraviolet light.
- If you apply the composition according to the instructions, then the drying rate will be standard (no more than 20 minutes at a temperature of +20 degrees).
- Correctly chosen colorant can be applied conveniently and simply with any tool.
- The addition of reagents to the formulation helps to increase the functionality of the paint and a solvent is not always required.
And now a little about the requirements.
Closed containers will be stored in a place without sunlight, away from heaters no more than six months from the date of production. The rest of the paint is left in the jar, which will be tightly covered. The container should be placed away from heat and light, in a dry place where the air temperature is constant. In the role of solvents, you can use agents that are approved by the manufacturer.
Compliance with safety rules when working with paint will help to avoid problems:
. If the service workers know and follow all the rules for painting, then the markings will last a very long time.
Posted By: Work Style |11, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |09, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |03, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |09, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |05, Nov 2020