Which is better - laminate or tile , and why quartz vinyl is ideal
Renovation work in your favorite apartment is a responsible and rather difficult undertaking, especially when it comes to choosing a floor covering for a kitchen. The fact is that it is in this room that everything should be convenient for operation, beautiful, durable and easy to clean. It is for this reason that people often began to think about what is better for the kitchen - laminate or tile.
We propose to talk about the intricacies of each type of coating, as well as the difference between porcelain stoneware and tiles, and talk about everything further in order.
To begin with, that you could decide on the type of floor covering in the kitchen, you should first carefully study all the conditions in which the floor and the material on it will be used.
- Increased humidity level - from such a factor definitely cannot be avoided, because regular washing of dishes, and also cooking food increases the humidity level many times over.
- Intensity of pollution - Often not only pieces of food fall on the floor surface or something is spilled, but also fat appears that cannot be washed off with ordinary water. And the easier it is to use the floor, the better.
- Particular and very large temperature drops - while food is being prepared in the kitchen, the temperature inside the room can increase up to 10 degrees, and when the work is over, it drops sharply.
- High level of traffic - this factor will be undeniable, especially if the kitchen is also a dining room.
H In order for the flooring to serve very well, it was quite easy to maintain, and also did not lose its beauty in appearance for a long time, it must necessarily meet such requirements.
It is for this reason that many people prefer tiles or laminate, because these two floor coverings perfectly meet all the requirements presented. And in order to make the final choice, you need to study all the pros and cons of the material in more detail.
Which is better, laminate or tile? A few years ago, such a coating as laminate was considered elite, but today the price has dropped several times, but the quality is still the same as before. The laminate has also gained immense popularity due to the fact that it has excellent external data. It is able to imitate not only solid wood species, but even marble, tiles or porcelain stoneware. The material perfectly mimics other materials, and therefore it will be difficult to distinguish what exactly the floor in the kitchen is covered with.
Laying laminate flooring is not that difficult, and any person can handle this job, because he:
It is easy to care for and even difficult to remove stains can be easily washed off with ordinary soapy water. But if necessary, you can even use standard products, and the coating will not suffer from them.
Compared with the same porcelain stoneware, the laminate will be much warmer.
But keep in mind that the use of laminate as a floor covering in the kitchen has some disadvantages that should be taken into account before buying and installing:
Constant blows, piercing and sharp objects hitting the surface can lead not only to damage to the appearance, but also to the complete loss of all positive characteristics.
In general, laminate flooring is more suitable for those who carefully monitor the safety of all materials, handle water carefully and can be 100% calm that unexpected flooding will bypass it.
Such vinyl or ceramic flooring is considered the most common in our country. But recently it can be most often seen not just on the floor, but also on the surface of the walls in the bathroom. And only a couple of decades ago, it was the tiled covering that was the main one for decorating the kitchen for many people. If you choose between tiles and laminate, then first you should consider the advantages,
and the tile has the same number of them as the lamellar panels:
- Huge service life.
With proper installation and careful attitude, tiles on the floor surface can serve for more than a dozen years.
- High level of wear resistance. Whatever the high permeability of the room, the appearance of the tiles will persist for many years.
- Resistance to moisture. This figure is several times higher than that of a laminate.
For tiles, neither floods nor water leaks into the crack are at all scary.
- Immunity to chemicals. The material can be easily washed and cleaned even from tough stains.
- After a while, the drawing will not fade. But this applies only to the ceramic coating, but the vinyl has an artificial pattern, which begins to fade due to prolonged contact with ultraviolet light.
In addition, it is necessary to take into account the fact that vinyl tiles have a good level of noise insulation, while ceramic tiles do not. By the way, the disadvantages of the two types of tiles are the same in all respects.
If we compare the laying of laminate and tile with each other, then the first type of coating will be easier and faster to lay with your own hands, but laying the tiles requires experience and a lot of time, because otherwise it will begin to swell fall off.
For this reason, for those who do not have such experience, it will be easier and more convenient to lay laminate in the kitchen.
Both flooring options have their own advantages and disadvantages. Evaluation of your kitchen, as well as very useful recommendations from professionals, helps to choose what to put. The main thing is that you remember that the kitchen floor (or rather the coating material) is the key to renovation. And only on how the choice is made correctly, not only the appearance of the kitchen will depend, but also the convenience, as well as the comfort of being in it.
Even true professionals of finishing works cannot say unanimously what exactly - tile or laminate will be the best option for laying on the floor in the kitchen.
According to them, several factors will influence the final choice at once:
- Personal preference.
- The presence / absence of a heated floor in the room.
- The intensity and frequency of use of the room.
High quality tile flooring, be it ceramic or vinyl, will be much more expensive than laminate flooring. If the kitchen room will be used every day, but not for several hours in a row, and there are also a couple of people living in the house, then even a laminate will be an ideal coating. If the kitchen is used every day and for a long time, then the tile will be the best solution. Be sure to take into account the intensity of heating the room when choosing.
Please note that if the kitchen is cool, then tiles on the floor will not be the best option. In addition, with such a coating it is almost impossible to make the room cozy, and for lovers of minimalism, this solution will be ideal.
If you decide to make a choice in favor of a tile, then it should be:
Additional comfort can be created either by a warm floor system, or by small rugs (the main thing is that the pile is not long) on the floor surface. If you decide on a laminate, then you should choose lamellas with the highest class of resistance to moisture and wear. Before buying, you should familiarize yourself in advance with the manufacturer's recommendations on the use of detergents and the degree of protection from ultraviolet rays. Most of the masters are advised to make a choice in favor of not one coating, but to combine both.
This will require special aluminum bends, which can make the joints between the lamellas and the tiles almost invisible.
In this case, the tiles should be laid out near the working area - cutting table, sink and stove, and the rest of the space can be covered with laminate. In any case, the choice of a specific floor covering depends on the budget and preferences.
Quartz vinyl is a material that combines the properties of both laminate and tile. Such material has advantages, and most often only positive reviews can be found on it.
- Quartz vinyl tile is stronger than linoleum and resistant to mechanical damage.
- It is possible to restore the coating without replacing the entire floor, individual tiles can be taken out and replaced with a new one.
- Quartz vinyl tiles have excellent thermal conductivity, are pleasant to the touch, and pleasant to walk on.
- When heated to +60 degrees, the material does not emit harmful substances and does not harm the human body.
- Does not change color when exposed to sunlight.
- Contains no phenol or melamine.
- Operating temperature from -30 to +60 degrees.
- The upper part of the cover is non-slip.
- Excellent frost resistance characteristics.
- Excellent fire performance.
Excellent sound absorption and sound insulation.
- Many styling options.
- The coating is resistant to all detergents and abrasives.
- The service life is about 30 years.
As you can see, this material is the best, however, and its cost is much higher.
( 7 marks, average 3.86 from 5 )
Posted By: Work Style |12, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |02, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |10, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |05, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |09, Nov 2020