As a rule, tiles are laid in rooms with high humidity. These are bathrooms, toilets, kitchens. This is because tiled floors themselves have a cold surface.
However, decorative tiles will look great in the living room and even in the room if you arrange a floor heating system under it. This article about the do-it-yourself heated floor system under the tiles is a step-by-step instruction.
First, you need to decide on the type of heating system that is most suitable for porcelain stoneware floors. Water or electric floor heating can be used here. It is believed that a water system is the most economical option compared to an electric one.
Note: The water system of underfloor heating can only be in a private house, since in multi-storey buildings there is a centralized heating system, permission to connect to which will be get problematic. In addition, it will be impossible to regulate the temperature of the floor connected to the centralized system.
Of course, water floors have many undeniable advantages, however, a leak can occur in the water circuit, which will require a complete dismantling of the tiled coating. Piping is a little more difficult than laying out an electrical cable.
Also, the electrical system has a small size, does not require special permission for installation. From the above, we can conclude that cable heat-insulated floors are most suitable for a device under a tile.
Electric floor heating can be:
- Film infrared.
This is the thinnest type, which is most often placed under linoleum or laminate;
- Cable in the form of a wire, which is laid with a certain pitch;
- Mats. This is a mesh with a built-in cable;
- Rod infrared. Designed specifically for installation directly into the tile adhesive.
Note: Cable type or infrared film is most often used under the tiles.
In a cable heating element - a cable that converts the current passing through it into heat.
The heating cable can be single-core - with one heating thread, and two-core - self-regulating, which is a type of two-core type, where the degree of heat release in each area is independently controlled.
Note: The electric cable heating system is convenient in that here you can figure out the zones of the required heating. The principle is that the structure is heated for about fifteen minutes, and then this heat is given off for several hours.
Film heat-insulated floor has a carbonaceous material, due to which infrared radiation is generated when current is applied.
Note: The thickness of the thermal film is about 4 mm compared to standard systems, it requires less than a quarter of the energy.
The simplest and most effective for laying under tiles is considered to be a warm floor made of heating mats. Heating mats consist of a two-core cable located on a self-adhesive mesh coil, which is covered with a screening sheath. They come in different lengths.
Note: The length of the mat determines its power and heat dissipation. The mat is not cut.
In addition to the mat itself, it will also be necessary to purchase a thermostatic device with manual or automatic control. You will also need film and glue here. The tiles can be tiled or ceramic.
The adhesive composition is selected based on the conditions in which the floor will be used, as well as on the type of tile.
Before starting the installation, be sure to think over the scheme of the future system ...
Important: Furniture should not be placed where the film will be located.
Before pouring the screed, the system must be checked for faults. A thermostat with a sensor must be installed.
Important: The warm floor under the tiles cannot be installed at random. It is necessary to prepare the project in advance, think over where the furniture will stand, etc.
If the warm floors are arranged under the ceramic granite tiles, then you will need a thermal insulating material device.
It is selected based on the condition of the floor slabs. For example, if the room is cold below, then it is better to choose expanded polystyrene or polystyrene foam.
A warm floor under a tile can be arranged in several ways:
- Pouring a screed is the most common way; With lags. This method is more often used in wooden houses in which the floors cannot withstand the concrete screed. Lags are laid, insulation material spread between them.
Gypsum fiber is laid on top and tiles are attached;
- Method of flooring. Here the pipes are laid under the expanded polystyrene plates with lugs. This method is convenient in rooms with low ceilings where it is not possible to arrange a screed. A gypsum fiber material will serve as a substrate.
Initially, the base is prepared - it is cleaned, leveled, a primer is applied.
The cable layout is a little more complicated than the mats. A thermal sensor located in the corrugation is placed and connected. This is necessary so that you can turn it off when it overheats. We fix the corrugation with tile glue.
The whole process can be divided into stages:
- Marks are made on the surface with the designation of the layout of the future system;
- According to the scheme, a cable is laid in the form of a snake with at least 7.
5 cm steps; Note: The step is calculated depending on the area of the room. The area must be multiplied by one hundred and divided by the cable length.
- The elements are fastened using a special tape or tile glue;
- As soon as the cable is unfolded, one end of it is put into the box and connected to the thermostat;
- The screed is poured. A mark is made on the wall - to what level the solution will be placed. The consistency of the solution should not be too thick.
It is spread evenly over the entire surface of the floor and leveled with a roller;
- After completion, you need to give a few days before complete storage;
- Laying the tiles. The glue is diluted and applied with a spatula. Place the tiles on the floor with spacers in the form of crosses to maintain an equal distance between the tiles. After you need to wipe the seams carefully.
Installing a warm electric floor under the tiles will not be difficult even for an inexperienced craftsman.
The main thing is to follow certain stages and take into account all the nuances, as well as carefully check the system for functionality.
Posted By: Work Style |05, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |02, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |08, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |12, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |11, Nov 2020