The owners of private high-rise buildings think about the rational use of the entire space.
It would seem that there is a lot of space, but all the space should be used with the head.
The staircase to the second floor, thanks to the ideas of the designer or the landlord, can easily turn into a recreation area, a wardrobe, a small study, etc.
The idea of \ u200b \ u200bcreating a wardrobe under the stairs
Analysis of the space
Advantages of a cabinet under the stairs
Rational use of space.
- "Riddle" in the interior, which will complement the overall style.
- One of the options for maintaining order in the house (like a pantry, where you can hide all unnecessary things ).
Points Requiring Attention
- Careful Design to ensure that the cabinet does not disappoint you.
- This is a rather complex space, for the most part without ready-made options, each project is selected individually. It is necessary to carefully measure and weigh everything.
- With any ingenious options, it is important to remember that this is primarily a ladder and only then a place for storage.
10 + one idea for a cabinet under the stairs
Storage room . In the absence of storage rooms, a special storage space can easily be arranged under the flights of stairs. There may be canned food shelves, clothes dryers, strollers and bicycles.
- Cabinet under the stairs . You can store things, shoes or any other items here.
If the staircase is not far from the entrance, then the built-in mirrors on the doors of the wardrobe will perfectly fit into the interior.
- Bookcase . If your home does not have wall shelves , place shelves and book drawers under the stairs. You can also provide for several doors where every little thing will hide.
- Wine cabinet .
A great option if the stairs are next to the kitchen. When constructing, remember that each bottle must lie in its own cell. Most often, such shelves are located in the cellar, but this option will also be acceptable.
- Wardrobe with swing doors . Refers to conventional structures that have hinged doors.
The lightest design yet very practical. Cabinets like this can be seen most often.
- Wardrobe under the stairs . This type is more convenient, and thanks to the sliding doors, it takes up less space. But it requires special attention and skills.
It is best if this design is done by professionals.
Corner for the student . For its construction, you will need to build a table, several shelves for small items and you're done.
- Drawer . Usually these are several very capacious boxes that move along special devices.
- Open shelving . Good if the stairs are not very large. They look light, visually expand the space.
- Cabinets with cargo system. These cabinets perfectly follow the contour, and also allow you to store bulky or non-standard items that will definitely not fit in a regular cabinet.
- Wardrobe stairs without railings . It turns out a kind of cabinet design. Just remember that such a staircase should not exist in a house with children.
How to make a cabinet under the stairs with your own hands
What materials can be used to equip a closet under the stairs in a private house?
Most often used:
This option is most often used.
This material can be used to make a frame, wall elements, etc.
Remember that when purchasing materials for carpentry work, you must make sure that the wood is stored correctly .
Most often these are fittings, guides, door systems, etc.
Glass and mirrors
These are not only functional shelves, but also decorative details.
Preparation for work
If you decide to make a cabinet, then you need to make some preparations!
Preparing an approximate drawing.
- We think over how and where the hangers, boxes, etc. will be located.
- We calculate how much material and accessories are needed.
- We prepare the necessary tools, as well as consumables.
- We free up space, and if necessary, you can do finishing work.
- We mark the location of the parts along the walls.
Manufacturing and installation
We will perform installation in several stages.
We cut out all the details , according to our drawing.
- We decorate with decorative panels all internal space, or any other material. Most often, the walls are simply painted, or wallpaper is glued.
- We install internal partitions to probe the space. When using drywall, you must first install the frame.
- We mark places for future shelves and additional partitions. We attach the bars to the wall with Euro screws or self-tapping screws.
- We put the shelves in the niches that we have prepared.
If necessary, we fix them with bars.
- We proceed to the installation of the door frame, if they are expected. This is not the easiest job, it is best to shift it to specialists.
- We fix the doors with self-tapping screws , and the platbands can be glued with special glue.
- Fix loops .
- Choosing the style and decorating the doors. It is important to fit them exactly in size.
- We hang the doors on ready-made hinges.
- We attach devices : hooks, rods, loops, etc.
Our wardrobe is ready, you can use it with pleasure!
The final stage or decoration of the finished cabinet is very important.
We recommend choosing a color scheme to match your interior.
- If you are a family with children, consider making it less easily soiled or easy to clean. Drawers can be decorated with handles.
- If the staircase is in the hallway, then mirrors are ideal, which will allow you to go out into the mirror and appreciate your appearance.
The most popular finishing options :
- Shelves are pasted over with self-adhesive wallpaper, special film with different decor options.
- Wooden doors are best decorated with beautiful handles in a variety of styles from modern to retro.
- Hinged or sliding doors can be pasted over with photo wallpaper. Pay attention to the options of three-dimensional photo wallpaper that are interesting for the interior, which can be used for doors.
Remember that no centimeter of your space should be empty or stand idle.
As you understand, the wardrobe can be easily made by hand.
Turn on your imagination and you will succeed.