Fencing the territory with a fence made of type-setting elements is called an eurofence. It is made by casting molds with concrete reinforced with metal wire.
The article describes a concrete eurofence. Its main characteristics are given. The materials from which parts for the fence are made are presented.
The positive and negative characteristics of this design are provided. Provides step-by-step instructions for self-production.
Euro fence. General information
Molds are made of the following materials.
The panels, under the influence of the temperature and pressure of the press, acquire a given shape of the pattern of the inner surface.
Twisted picket fence, natural stone, wall brick are the main types.
This is a more expensive material. The elements cast in such forms acquire a glossy surface and have a more respectable appearance.
Products from polyvinyl chloride
Inexpensive material, lightweight and durable, but do not store it in direct sunlight. PVC molds are cheap.
Any material has high elasticity, resistance to chemicals, light weight, sheet thickness reaches 3 mm. High strength allows to use a vibrating table for the manufacture of concrete products.
Types of reinforced concrete fencing
Depending on the task and budget, the panels are made in two versions:
- With a picture on one side. The concrete is poured into an open-topped bowl, then reinforcing wire is embedded in it. The fence panels have no color when they exit.
- Upon receipt of a direct order, coloring pigments are added to the solution.
The surface of the product is matte, when using ABS plastic forms and special plasticizers, a fence with a glossy surface is obtained at the exit.
DIY production at home is possible.
The presence of a pattern on both sides, production is the most complex. Special closed forms are used.
Reinforcement is done before pouring.
Support pillars are made of reinforced concrete. Two opposite sides have grooves for assembling parts.
Dimensions of the eurofence elements
The panels have standard dimensions in height equal to 500 mm, in length they are made 2000 mm. There are differences in thickness when one-sided drawing is 40 mm, and for double-sided panels is 50 mm.
The weight is 55 kilograms of 1 panel.
Supports are made in thickness 120x120 mm, 120x140 mm, 140x140mm. The height of the post is made up of two components;
- The underground part is always 800 mm.
- The above-ground part has options that depend on the planned height of the fence itself 1000 mm, 1500 mm, 2000 mm.
Raw materials for the manufacture of fencing elements
- Cement М400 or М500.
- Fine crushed stone up to 15 mm.
- Washed sand.
- If necessary, plasticizer and color pigments.
In the process of manufacturing parts for sampling used simple equipment:
- Concrete mixer with a volume of at least 250 liters.
- Vibrating table.
- Container for receiving ready-mixed concrete.
- Forms for fence panels and support posts.
- Metal hand floats and trapezoidal rule.
Step-by-step manufacturing of the eurofence with your own hands
- Crushed stone, sand, plasticizer, cement in the required proportions are poured into the concrete mixer. The ingredients are thoroughly mixed before water is added.
- Water is poured in portions until a thick sour cream consistency is formed.
- Ready-made concrete is taken into a storage container before being poured into molds.
Important! The concrete grade for the production of the fence is sufficient M200.
The proportions correspond to 1 part of cement, 2.8 parts of sand, 4. 8 parts of crushed stone. Water is added to the desired concentration.
- The mold is placed on a vibrating table, it is carefully coated beforehand with a special compound to prevent the solution from sticking to the mold material.
- The concrete is evenly poured into the mold with a shovel to the brim.
- The masonry mesh for reinforcement is recessed into the part.
- Using the vibrating table, the solution is evenly distributed, air bubbles are removed.
Attention! The service life of the product depends on the vibration quality. The fewer shells on the surface of the part, the less water will get into the material.
The probability of destruction of the fence from freezing will decrease.
- If necessary, add concrete to the level of the edges.
- The rule flattens the surface and removes excess material.
- Then the wet board is removed, after the first setting, from the mold and placed on racks for curing or remains in the mold for the required period.
- Strength is achieved in a period of at least 3 days.
Usually a small number of forms are bought to avoid unnecessary expenses. It takes time to fully manufacture the required number of fence parts.
Convenience lies in the fact that you can combine the stages of production of elements and installation of the fence itself.
The main stages of eurofence installation
- Cleaning and planning the site for the installation of the fence.
- Layout for the foundation using a cord and stakes.
- Drilling holes for pillars, in the presence of heaving soils, a shallow foundation is required.
Attention! The quality of the soil in your area can be found on the Internet at a special site.
The distance between the pits for the posts can be measured empirically.
If there is one hole in which the post is installed and fixed, a plate is inserted into its grooves with one end, and to the other the end is attached to the next support.
The next hole is drilled at the received mark.
You can apply a template in the form of a rail 210 cm long. Centers of future pits for supports are marked along it.
- Fence plates are inserted into the grooves of the concreted support pillars one by one, observing the pattern or sequence according to the project. Seams between panels are coated with cement mortar. With excess material, you can plaster the unevenness of the seam to the ideal.
- After finishing the installation, the fence must be painted. All types of facade paints are used. They are weather-resistant coatings, not afraid of temperature changes. These materials can be easily tinted to suit every taste.
Positive aspects of the eurofence
- Reliable protection of the site from penetration, bad weather conditions, from street noise and dust.
- Long service life.
Does not require frequent repairs.
- Repairs are not expensive.
- Maintenance is simple.
- Provides a beautiful appearance of the estate.
- Many applications;
- external fencing up to 2 meters high,
- fencing of internal areas up to 1 meter high,
- fencing of beds and flower beds 250 mm.
- reliable fencing of places where animals are kept.
- Independent production possible.
- There is no need to use special equipment for installation.
- Tools and equipment for production and assembly can be rented.
Negative sides of the European fence
Large weight of the structure in comparison with other fence materials.
- Help is needed.
- It takes a long time to produce concrete slabs.
- In case of complete loss of the integrity of the panel, you will have to disassemble the entire link for replacement.
- Takes up more space on the site than other options.
Euro fence has more positive qualities than all other representatives of the fence line. Not one fence has such a number of options in color, shape, pattern, subtlety and power.