Installation of horizontal waterproofing of the foundation with roll materials
The base of any building of residential, commercial, industrial or even industrial destination is the foundation. The stronger it is, the better prepared and equipped it is, the longer the service life of the building, and the less likely it will be for wall destruction and subsidence of the building as a whole.
Horizontal waterproofing of the foundation helps to prevent moisture ingress, but also to exclude contact between the base and load-bearing walls, floor and basement elements. The foundation is made of concrete with high strength and excellent quality.
But concrete, in turn, is a thermal conductor, namely, it releases it from the room.
Moreover, it will attract moisture, and it is for this reason that it is important to exclude the contact of the building with condensate and water.
Consider the most popular materials:
- Hydroizol - used as a sheet material, which hike according to its own technical parameters with a standard roofing material.
- Glass insulation - used to protect the foundation, it is based on fiberglass, which is a very moisture-resistant component.
- Gidrostekloizol - has in its structure the elements of the two products listed above, is used to work by gluing or even scorching with a gas burner.
- Glassine - slightly different from the rest of the insulators, since the base is cardboard, which is impregnated with oil.
- Roofing material - you can use the simplest, or high quality euroruberoid. Quite often, it is the ideal choice for homeowners, as it is a smart combination of excellent quality and affordable cost.
- Bitumen-based materials, namely resin. It does not have pores in its own structure; after heating, further cooling, it forms a thin elastic film on the surface of the processed product, which is waterproof.
- Technoelast is a roll product that has an important quality (protects the surface from the appearance of microscopic organisms - mold and mildew.
- Polymer-based membranes. It has a huge service life, reaching half a century, and at the same time weakly resists mechanical damage, but the base will be very good.
- Rubber with a liquid consistency is convenient because when it is applied, no seams will form on the surface, and the insulation itself will have a homogeneous and evenly distributed structure.
- Uniflex is a product that is made on the basis of foil. In addition to the protection function, it reflects heat, namely, it provides increased heat conservation.
- Elon is a material based on two layers, perfectly resists the influence of temperature, and can also withstand radiation.
- Benite mats are mineral insulators of environmentally friendly origin. They are considered extremely reliable.
- Dry mixes - have a cement component, are used much less often. These include products such as the calmatron, penetron and hydrotex.
Strip base insulation can be successfully done using all the insulators listed above.
Protection of any type of building surfaces is required to to reliably protect it from moisture ingress and absorption. It is for this reason that the structural components of the building will be carefully insulated and protected using various materials. They carry out work on the arrangement of the base itself, the blind area and the basement.
In contact with the load-bearing walls, such elements can transfer accumulated moisture to the base material.
As a result, horizontal waterproofing of the foundation will help protect everything from the formation of fungus, mold, disruptions in the bonds between the seams, the appearance of cracks and the slow destruction of the house as a whole. It also helps to protect the basement and basement from liquid entering the concrete pores.
Moreover, this way you will achieve the maximum protection of the elements of the extension from the aggressive effects of groundwater. According to SNiP (building codes and regulations), the insulation process technology must be strictly observed. For work, it is required to use durable waterproof materials that must be attached to the base in compliance with 100% sealing of joints, seams and gaps.
There are several effective ways of carrying out work:
When adding mastic, the quality of the layer, as well as the strength characteristics, increase several times. Roll materials are laid with an overlap in a couple of layers to make the coating more reliable. On the pre-applied mastic with a thickness of 0.1 cm, pre-prepared roofing felt sheets of specified dimensions are placed. All seams must be carefully sealed.
Any method can be used, and with the observance of the technology and correct application, as well as the fastening of materials, a high degree of protection of the building from various aggressive influences is achieved.
This process involves the creation of an integral and uniform impermeable layer that reliably protects the base. Waterproofing of the horizontal type for the base with roofing material is as follows:
Insulation of the base by means of roll materials makes it possible to prevent liquid from getting inside the basement floor and will not allow the bearing walls to come into contact with the base plane.
The thickness of the insulation layer fully depends on the selected product. As a rule, manufacturers will indicate its size based on technical standards and properties of all specific insulators. On the one hand, the thicker the layer is, the more reliable the work will be.
But in this case, the seams that appear between the sheets are much more difficult to seal. For this reason, no emphasis should be placed on the number of layers. Two, but well done, will be enough. A thick layer will lose its natural elasticity, and the most optimal thickness of the entire insulation will vary from 0.2 to 0.
If the ground-type waters are located close and the pressure on the base can be large, then one cannot be limited to only pasting materials. It is required to pre-treat surfaces with a penetrating primer composition. This will provide additional protection and have a beneficial effect on the adhesion properties of the substrate and bitumen mastic.
A lot has been written about how to deal with the device of horizontal waterproofing of the foundation with roll materials.
But first of all, it is required to rely on the following parameters:
- All buildings will fully affect the depth of the base, which means that it will depend on it how close the base will be to groundwater, and at which point of freezing of the earth it will be located.
- What material is supposed to be used to create a waterproof layer.
- Will there be additional work on the organization of the drainage system and the construction of a blind area for water drainage.
- Is there waterproofing on the inside of the floor on the plinth.
If you use the protection of all the elements of the building in aggregate that come into contact with the source of dampness, you can get high results and provide the house with maximum protection.
The process of improving the foundation with their own hands can be performed by all people who have carefully studied and familiarized themselves with the purpose of insulation, with the types of products, with methods of fastening. You will need certain construction tools. A burner is used to heat the bitumen, and brushes can be used to distribute the compositions over the surface. If you plan on using penetrating primers, you need to get a sprayer. Moreover, the use of the simplest construction tool will be required.
The horizontal isolation of wall surfaces from the base ensures that the building will not absorb the moisture and dampness that is constantly present in the concrete composition. The use of insulators actively helps to implement wall protection against mold or mildew. The building's life will increase from 10 to 50 years. It is important to use insulating building products correctly with their complete sealing and reliable fastening between the wall and the base.
Posted By: Work Style |10, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |08, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |10, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |01, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |08, Nov 2020