Hanging fireplaces for a country house - how to choose
Fireplaces have always been very popular, and especially in the present time, when a similar variety appeared, like hanging fireplaces for the home.
The only thing that sometimes stops buying such a device for your own home is its high cost. But if you wish, you can do everything yourself, the main thing is to approach it correctly.
Cost of hanging fireplaces. There are different devices that differ in configuration, size and fuel (they run on biofuel, wood and not only).
The cost is from 133,000 to 240,000 rubles.
If we talk about hanging fireplaces, then they have a certain division in terms of the raw materials on which they will work and depending on their shape. In order for the design principle to be understandable for the characteristic of individual varieties, it is required to understand their features.
A hanging fireplace is not much like the classic-looking device that many people are used to in private houses and apartments. The main difference is that it is located directly on the chimney (as a usual version of this type of device), and does not come into contact with the floor at all.
Such a non-standard placement option, from which its design will flow, which will seem possible for the reason that hanging fireplaces do not exceed a weight of 160 kg. For decoration, no elements are used that add heaviness to the product, for example, stone, and this is inherent in standard fireplaces.
The material from which the fireplace is made is metal, and this gives an additional advantage regarding the design of the room. With regard to the methods of fixing hanging fireplaces, they can be divided into certain types. Choosing a certain type of fireplace, taking into account its size, the type of fuel for work and other features, is in accordance with the capabilities and the room in which it will be installed.
There is even a certain list of requirements for installing a pendant fireplace:
As for the practical points regarding the hanging type of fireplace, there are a number of rules for this:
Next, we suggest considering how to make a hanging fireplace for a country house with your own hands.
Options for creating a pendant a lot of fireplace. One of them is a biofuel-powered device. The advantage of this design will be the fact that it does not require the installation of a chimney, which greatly simplifies the installation process.
To manufacture such equipment, the following items are required:
- Metal boxes.
- Cuts of refractory glass (4 pieces).
- Wire mesh.
- Silicone sealing material.
The sequence in which the hearth construction process is required is as follows:
This will require a drawing and steel, which can be found on the Internet or even drawn independently, based on the model of the device you like.
Use silicone sealant to bond the pieces of glass together.
The bottom of the box should contain a tank made of refractory material into which the fuel will be poured.
If you have a desire to make a fireplace that will work using wood materials, then the process will be slightly different, and supplemented by the installation of a chimney. Moreover, there is also an option for making a pendant fireplace, for example, wall-mounted.
To make this kind of pendant type fireplace, it is better to use raw materials from industrial production. This recommendation will be due to the fact that the fireplace structure must correspond to a high level of reliability, although the use of industrial types of materials can slightly worsen the appearance of the device.
Recommendations in the manufacture of a fireplace are as follows:
5 cm. Basically a similar characteristic is inherent in steel pipes, which can be taken as a base.
The sequence of actions that must be followed in the process of making a suspended wood-burning fireplace for the house:
- First of all, you need to determine how much the firebox will be , and it is also required to make a start in such calculations from the area of the room in which the hearth is to be installed. The dimensions that are used in this case are the width and height of the portal, and also the depth of the box.
- The next thing you need to know is how long the pipes that will be a component of the structure and its section. In such a calculation, the computer program MS Office Excel will help, in which there will be the necessary formula for calculating the cylindrical volume. It turns out that this is how you select the parameters of the pipes.
- Next, cut two holes in the box - one should attach the chimney, and the second - the door.
- The part of the pipe on which the chimney will be installed must be installed in a special hole intended for this, the pipe must necessarily correspond to the diameter. Attach the element using welding equipment, and the resulting structure will become the basis for connecting the main chimney part of a standard size.
- The side of the box must be closed, and for this, rectangular covers are used, and it is desirable to use fire-resistant glass. These rectangles must be in a mandrel of three corners that will be welded to the pipe.
- The next thing to do is to attach the grate, which will perfectly fit the perimeter in the firebox so that its edges are in contact with all sides of the box. This is required in order to provide a small distance between the raw material for the furnace and the volume of the box itself.
- The perimeter of the firebox must be equipped with a special collar, which has a height of up to 15 cm and a rectangular shape. Such a device is required to regulate and improve the process of draft inside the pipe, if necessary, and also to eliminate smoke.
- The final stage will be the construction of a mesh-type cover, which is installed together with the collar to protect against flying sparks from the hearth.
It will also provide convenience for laying wood raw materials for the firebox, removing the cover from the side.
If you have a desire or even a need to attach the hearth to the wall surface, then it is important to occupy the welding of special corners, which will serve as a support for the attachment. They should be welded in a place just below the cap mandrels. In addition, it is possible to ensure secure attachment by means of chains. It will be extremely important to ensure thermal insulation of the wall surface if the fireplace is installed on it.
Taking into account the high heating temperature of the device, it is required to build a layer of 5 cm using mineral wool. It is required to attach grinding stainless steel to it, observing a distance of 15 cm between them. At the bottom, the hearth needs to be equipped with a pallet into which burnt wood will be dumped, and it should also be easily removed.
To simplify the task of making a hearth box, you can use a cast iron boiler or a steel one used for cooking over a fire:
Let's consider another type of fireplace.
There is another option for a hanging fireplace for home - buy an electric device. The design of such a hearth will be based on a metal heating spiral, and it is very simple to make it.The shape and size can vary depending on the desire. Taking into account the fact that the heating coil has the property of reducing the oxygen level when in contact with the air space, and then it is required to think over the insulation of such an element. This can be a simple separation of it from the external space by a well-thought-out design of equipment, for example, by means of quartz glass, as well as providing a vacuum shell.
The latter option is not particularly necessary, since the combustion of oxygen from the air will also be reduced through the glass door.
As for the manufacture of a heating element, and then you can build it yourself:
They should be wrapped in spirals, and then placed in glass tubes.
As you can see, it is not difficult to make a pendant fireplace and it is ideal for home.
Posted By: Work Style |10, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |01, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |06, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |09, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |02, Nov 2020