How to make a compressor for an aquarium with your own hands from scrap materials
For the aquarium to work properly, you need excellent saturation of water by means of oxygen. For this, two types of compressors will perfectly serve - membrane and piston. If you do not have the opportunity to buy a full-fledged device, then you have the opportunity to make a compressor for an aquarium from scrap materials with your own hands, and it will be silent and works great.
We suggest that you consider the principle of operation, the basic rules on how to install it and how to properly care for the equipment at home.
The compressor is a device for creating pressure, which will provide air supply to the aquarium space for the comfort and well-being of indoor fauna and flora.
Consider all the functions that such a unit can perform:
- Provides aeration - additional water saturation of oxygen will provide small air bubbles.
- Stirring water and leveling the temperature mode - due to the boiling of the compressor, heated oxygen bubbles, rising from bottom to top, create liquid circulation, and therefore the water is constantly moving, does not begin to stagnate and heats up evenly. If the water still does not refresh from time to time, this negatively affects the condition and health of the aquarium fish - they will fall asleep and swim as close to the surface as possible in order to grab air.
- Protects against the appearance of a film on the surface of the water - a thin layer of microscopic organisms, waste products and dust may appear on the thickness of the liquid. The compressor helps to prevent this film from forming.
- Aesthetic component - an aquarium with air bubbles inside, which rise perpendicular to the surface of the water, looks much more beautiful.
- Simulate the current - certain species of fish need to live in conditions that are close to natural. The device can create the sensation of flow, as in a natural body of water.
… and the water column, and therefore, such an indicator is the main one when selecting a device power indicator. To calculate the required performance level of the aerator, multiply the displacement by 1/2.
We suggest considering the varieties of professional aquarium compressors:
Such specialized devices can be found in all stores for animals, and they also function due to an electronic engine, and the price ranges from 200 to 20,000 rubles (depending on the manufacturer, size and power level) .
.. But, if you have the opportunity and desire, it is best to create a device with your own hands from available tools using a very simple technology. Consider the features of a home-made compressor:
. and more economical to repair in case of breakdown than purchased devices. The only drawback is the need to pump up the chamber every day by means of a pump, and also the inability to leave the device unattended for several days. Another hand-made device cannot be used in large-sized aquariums.
Components of a do-it-yourself aerator:
Next, let's go directly to the assembly process.
So, first you need to prepare all the necessary materials to perform the work:
- Scotch tape.
- Hot glue.
- Lollipop wand.
- Old plastic card.
- Motor equipped with an old battery for electric power supply.
- Thin plastic drip tube.
- A block of wood.
- A sheet of rubber (a piece of rubber-type sealant).
- Plastic bottle cap.
Let's take a closer look at the assembly stage:
To one side of the circle, you need to glue a stick from a chupa-chups, and with the second part, the part can be attached to a miniature balloon drum using hot glue.
In a home aquarium, it is very important that artificial aeration is provided so that the fish could feel comfortable, and the water remained clean and warmed up evenly.
For this, it is not at all necessary to buy expensive membrane or piston units in pet stores, and you can also assemble a special device with your own hands, using inexpensive materials and fairly simple technologies. Below in the video, which is a visual master class, you can learn how to make a silent compressor with your own hands from simple materials.
Posted By: Work Style |05, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |13, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |04, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |10, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |03, Nov 2020