Film waterproofing of the foundation - the best methods
At the very beginning of the construction of any type of building, a natural question arises, how to properly apply the protection of the foundation from the aggressive effects of moisture in order to keep it from premature destruction. The strength index of the reinforced concrete base will directly depend on the type of hydraulic engineering materials that are used to finish the structure of the underground type. Do you want to waterproof your foundation? Go to the site =. ..
The assortment is very large, and the materials are distinguished by high-quality characteristics, price and efficiency of use. One of the ideal options is a foundation waterproofing film.
The part of the foundation structure, which is located in the ground, is subject to the influence of ground moisture to a great extent, from which it constantly becomes unusable. If you do not take care of proper protection, then the concrete gradually begins to be saturated with moisture and begins to crumble, lowering the margin of structural strength.
Please note that in order to preserve its integrity, it would be more economical to use a film waterproofing of the foundation in order to keep the structure in good condition for operation.
Moreover, the material used for this purpose can perform the following functions:
- Creates the basis for the waterproofing layer. Use a suitable diffusion membrane that is deemed to be moisture-tight but has vapor permeability.
- Used as an additional layer in order to equip a complete insulation from moisture between the composition of the soil and the insulation or between the screed and the insulation material. In such cases, PVC film is used for waterproofing the base, which has an excellent thickness and density.
Now let's talk about the types of films.
Products by means of which waterproofing protection of the foundation structure is performed are produced both by domestic and foreign manufacturers. They can be divided into the following types:
2 cm. This type of film has found itself incredibly widely used in the national economy as a covering material for greenhouses and greenhouses. The use of such a film for foundation waterproofing is a very cost-effective solution, but for its successful application, appropriate conditions should be created, since the material is subject to mechanical influences. Today, special additives are added to this material so that the strength indicators are increased.
This film is available in multi-layer rolls.The central layer has a non-woven base or polypropylene mesh, and the outer layers are sealed. They differ in that there are perforated and non-perforated types, which differ in quality characteristics and price. The perforated layer has small holes allowing water to pass through and is used for pitched waterproofing of roofing. Non-perforated materials do not allow moisture to pass through.
The reinforcing layer will create protection against deformation-type effects, and also increase the life of the material. The film with reinforcement, which is needed to protect bases and roofs, is produced in rolls and has different shades of colors. When buying such a material, you need to pay attention not to its thickness, but to the density indicator, focusing on the data in 0. 1-0. 25 kg per square meter.
Now let's look at all the pros and cons.
Film-type material is considered an excellent alternative for bitumen, which is widely used in arranging horizontal and vertical waterproofing of foundation walls. Before choosing the best option, it is recommended to clarify the data of geological exploration of the composition of the soil, and find out all the negative and positive aspects of the selected material.
Moreover, the film provides excellent protection against moisture, and this material has many other advantages:
Unfortunately, the builders were able to note negative points, which include:
- The ability to lose its own qualities during storage due to the aggressive influence of ultraviolet radiation. The shelf life for this reason is limited to 1 year.
- Damage to film due to rodents. Because of this, it is recommended to observe the conditions for storing the material.
- Potential damage to materials due to chemical influences.
- The presence of docking areas that are considered problem areas of the waterproofing layer.
- Careful inspection and preparation of the reinforced concrete surface is required before the future laying of the film.
- There is a risk of damage to the film material due to its low level of mechanical strength.
But the material, due to its rather good qualities of waterproofing and low cost, is widely used in the arrangement of foundations not just for private houses, but also for industrial-type facilities.
We offer to understand the technology of waterproofing the base using a polyethylene film. The algorithm of actions consists of the following stages:
Pay attention that the shields are fastened from the outside so that self-tapping screws or nails do not damage the film-type material.
Film waterproofing when pouring the foundation slab and arranging the screed is carried out last. You should proceed as follows:
- As soon as the concrete solution hardens, its surface must be sanded and leveled.
- Geotextiles are laid on a monolithic slab, and then a polyethylene film, the overlaps of which are not less than 0.2 meters, and the joints are glued with adhesive tape.
- Once the installation of the film-type material is completed, the surface is poured with a cement mortar to form a screed.
As a rule, a composition is used for this, and the subfloor was made.
As you can see, today builders use several types of waterproofing material of the film type, which is used to protect the roof pie or the base of the foundation. Each of the films has its own pros and cons, but still, they can be used to equip supporting structures. Waterproofing with this material can not cause difficulties, and all work is done with their own hands.Due to its versatility, polyethylene material was able to take a leading position among building materials that are intended for waterproofing.
For each type of foundation base, you can choose just such a version of the film that will meet all the requirements of operation. It is better to trust the professionals and order a turnkey waterproofing. Go to the website =. ..
. and order from the best masters of their craft!
( 1 grade, average 5 out of 5 )
Posted By: Work Style |06, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |11, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |10, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |12, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |11, Nov 2020