How to inexpensively make a fence out of pallets with your own hands
Options for how to build fences in a private house, there are quite a few. A high-quality fencing for a country house can be made with your own hands, and at the same time, this does not require huge financial investments at all, and because of this, there is always the possibility of choosing material at more affordable prices.
For example, it can be pallets or pallets, which are usually used to transport bulky and heavy loads.
As a rule, they are made from larch, which is a reliable and durable type of wood, which makes pallets much more attractive as a material for erecting a fence made of wood. So, let's take a closer look at how to make a do-it-yourself pallet fence.
When compared with analogs, the fence is made of pallets or pallets, and still does not have any tangible drawbacks, but there are a lot of advantages:
- Pallets made of wood, which will be used as the main material during construction, are produced according to GOST, which, with the right choice, gives a guarantee of their long operational life, which has been tested for reliability and environmental safety.
- If you protect the fence from decay and other aggressive environmental factors, then such a structure is very reliable and durable.
- Small budget level, which will be important in order to make a high-quality fence from pallets with your own hands. Sometimes they even make pallets for free, but even if you need to buy them, the price of such material is very low.
- Lack of specialized skills, knowledge and skills will not be a hindrance, and therefore such a fence from pallets, or pallet-type fences, can be easily erected according to the corresponding instructions, which will be given below.
It only takes your desire to build something with your own hands.
- To make such a structure for a country house from pallets, it is not required to apply huge efforts, and the time required will also be minimal.
- Pallets are made according to certain standards, and therefore, despite the fact that their dimensions may sometimes differ, it will not go beyond the noted ones, which will simplify the required calculations during the construction process.
Next, let's talk about how to choose the material for the fence.
Price for such a fencing from pallets directly will depend only on the size of the suburban area.
Depending on this, it is required to select a wooden material that will be used for the construction of such a fence with his own hand. The pallet structure can be made using pallets of the following dimensions:
8 * 1. 2 * 0. 15 meters.
Consider the preparation process.
Before starting to erect a railing from pallets, you need to prepare all the necessary materials and tools.
To build a summer cottage fence you will need:
Will proceed to the construction phase itself.
Let's see how to make a fence from wooden pallets. When all the preparatory work is completed, and all the required materials are prepared, you can go directly to the construction process:
- First, you should place the perimeter along which the fence will be erected.
- It is required to mark all places on the ground where the installation of support posts for the fence will be made.
- Depending on the soil characteristics on the site, even auxiliary measures may be needed to give the structure strength, and also in order to increase the service life. For example, if the soil is mostly clay, then you will need to carefully consider the design of the drainage ditch.
- In the places marked for the installation of pillars of the support type, it is necessary to dig holes for their installation. Pour rubble at the bottom of the hole.
- Laying waterproofing is optional, but it is prudent to do it all the same in order to avoid direct contact between the soil and the material, which over time can cause rotting and damage to the tree. It is required to place roofing material at the bottom, and also wrap it with that supporting part that will be in the ground.
- Using the building level, you need to make sure that all the support posts have been placed evenly. If this is confirmed, then it will be possible to start concreting the pillars.
- After 100% of the concrete pouring, it is advisable to reinforce the support beams again with crushed stone.
- After that, you can proceed directly to stacking pallets.It is recommended to place the pallets in a checkerboard pattern on opposite sides of the support beams. It is better to fasten it with self-tapping screws or even screws.
- Next, you need to check if moisture gets inside the support beams. If the fears are confirmed, then this fence will stand at best for 1-2 years, since after the first cold weather the water inside will begin to freeze and destroy the pillars.
To avoid this, the pillars should be covered with something from above. The simplest protection can be a metal can from under the paint and varnish material, worn on a pole. But using your own imagination and capabilities, you can find other, better ways to protect the support from destruction.
- When the fence is ready, it needs to be treated with special antiseptics of a water-repellent type, which reliably protects the structure from moisture.
- After drying, the structure can be left as it is, and you can additionally paint the sections and fence posts using sprayers and brushes.
It should be remembered that pallets can withstand a load of 1 ton or more. For this reason, it should be taken into account that if not new pallets are used during construction, but previously used ones, then the degree of load that they can withstand will be much less. The most common and popular method of building from pallets is presented to your attention, but there is another, alternative, for which a slightly different technology is used.
You know how to make a fence out of pallets with your own hands, but on account of the changes, they will touch only the first stages at which the installation of support pillars will take place, and it will consist in the fact that you will not need to dig holes, but trench around the perimeter of the house. If you make a choice in favor of this method, then when installing pallets, they need to be placed not in a staggered manner, but close to each other, and, moreover, for reliability, additionally fastening them with self-tapping screws or screws.
When painting the fence, you can give full freedom to your imagination. The fence does not have to be painted in one color at all, you can make a multi-color or two-color structure. At the moment, there are many decorative ornaments or stencils that can still be used to turn a hand-made fence, not just into a protective structure, but also into a beautiful design element on the site. The pallet fence has a certain nuance - it will be somewhat problematic to make such a structure visually beautiful even with a wide range of decorative elements and a competent approach to this process.
For land owners who pay a lot of attention to the elegance of structures and the component of the aesthetic type, there is another construction option.
It will take more time and effort, but this fence will look much more beautiful outwardly. In this case, build not from solid pallets, but from such elements.
In stages it looks like this:
For this, an ax is also used, through which special "checkers" are split, which fasten the main pallets and floorings. It is the upper part of the pallet structure, and it is it that is used to build the described fence.
Studying both detailed instructions, one can conclude that the installation of such fences is not just a creative solution, an unusual choice, but also an excellent method to save a lot on the construction of a solid fence for a summer cottage.
( 1 grade, average 5 of 5 )
Posted By: Work Style |09, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |04, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |08, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |10, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |05, Nov 2020