Due to the development of technology for the production of traditional bitumen materials, manufacturers have created a seamless sprayed waterproofing called liquid rubber.
The advantage of this waterproofing coating is its ability to bond with various materials at the molecular level.
The resulting grip quality will not depend on the period of use of the protected base. That is why, to carry out these works, you do not need to dismantle the outdated coating.
Liquid rubber is applied on top of the waterproofing layer.
And it is applied by a mechanized spraying method. The main requirement for application is to remove moisture from the treated surface. As a result of this processing, an even, seamless layer is obtained.
Advantages and disadvantages of sprayed waterproofing
Use this newest material for waterproofing is becoming widespread.
This method has a number of advantages:
- the material is sold in barrels , which are very convenient to store and ship;
- sprayed waterproofing is able to firmly bond with various building materials. You do not need to clean the old coating, and the base layer may have increased moisture;
a seamless coating will be obtained on different areas and roofs with abutments. Seams and overlaps will be completely absent. The emulsion will form a monolithic insulation cover;
- sprayed waterproofing materials retain their characteristics and properties at different temperature ranges.
The service life of the waterproofing does not depend on the external conditions in which it is used;
- the sprayed layer is sufficiently strong and elastic. It is waterproof and also provides high-quality anti-corrosion protection to the entire base, safe for humans, crack and puncture resistant. In terms of its effectiveness, a 2 mm layer of liquid rubber is identical to four roll layers;
- waterproofing the material does not age due to high and low temperatures;
- there are no solvents in the sprayed waterproofing, and only water can evaporate from it;
- during repair, this coating requires minimal labor , since only a specific area will need to be repaired without dismantling a larger area of the layer;
- sprayed waterproofing material is capable of completely fill all cracks. That is why it has been used more and more often lately;
Sprayed waterproofing has a number of negative factors, such as:
- liquid rubber is very sensitive to the use of solvents;
- dismantling of the waterproofing layer is carried out only mechanically;
- high cost material and the work of a professional team;
- not all types of sprayed roof waterproofing have good resistance to ultraviolet rays, therefore, special protection will be required when installing roofs. This protection is provided by painting the roof.
Sprayed waterproofing - liquid rubber
The main field of use of sprayed waterproofing is the repair of standard and inverted roofs.
In addition, liquid rubber is also used for other purposes:
- in mechanical engineering and shipbuilding;
- in the construction of houses, i.e. for waterproofing floors, load-bearing walls, basements, foundations and various tanks;
- liquid rubber serves as a good anti-corrosion agent for concrete and metal elements;
- this material is used for the construction of bridges, subways, tunnels and stabilization of rocks;
- for agriculture, sprayed waterproofing rubber serves as a dam protection;
- is used for the construction of industrial facilities, for example, for drainage networks, water towers, pools, sedimentation tanks, gutters and for the protection of concrete foundations;
- for waterproofing pipelines;
Types of sprayed waterproofing
According to its composition, sprayed waterproofing is divided into two types - one-component and multicomponent.
One-component sprayed waterproofing sold in all hardware stores already in finished form.
And multicomponent waterproofing compositions include two components, but the required inclusions are a curing catalyst and a base.
According to its application method, sprayed waterproofing includes such groups as:
- sprayed waterproofing is prepared at the workplace;
- liquid rubber of painting type Apply by brush or roller only;
- Cold spray is the standard and more effective application. This technology is the leader among building materials used to protect roofing. Good conditions for work will be dry warm weather. The sprayed polymer waterproofing process is very fast and the results are high quality.
Technological process of spraying liquid rubber
Below we describe the procedure for sprayed waterproofing works:
- the protective composition is applied to the surface with special stripes.In this case, the material should be evenly distributed over the surface. There is no need for a perfectly flat and smooth surface. The main condition is the absence of various items and defects;
- when waterproofing external corners and junction points, a special reinforcing material must be laid on the surface to be treated;
- all components of multicomponent compositions must be mixed in a torch, since they will solidify immediately after surface treatment;
Spray-on waterproofing is the newest and improving type of moisture protection organization.