Single-level stretch ceilings + design photo
There is such a kind of decorative finish as single-level stretch ceilings, which are distinguished by their excellent appearance and reasonable cost. Moreover, it does not require major repairs, which will be accompanied by inconveniences.
The main advantages of a stretch ceiling include:
The disadvantages include:
- The material is very vulnerable to cutting and piercing objects.
- Cannot be used in a room with a low temperature level - it will quickly become unusable.
- Stretching work requires skill and precision - self-installation usually leads to sagging of the coating, and therefore it is worth entrusting the work to a professional.
Let's talk about the types of ceilings.
Suspended single-level structures differ in the type of cut, material of manufacture, colors and texture, which and will determine their use depending on the interior design. So stretch single-level ceilings can be divided into several types.
Here the ceilings are divided into fabric and film.
The material from which the suspended single-level ceiling is made determines the performance of the coating, its attachment features and appearance. Film (also called French ceilings) based on PVC have become incredibly widespread due to their beautiful appearance, as well as availability.
They can be easily assembled using the heat shrink method. The texture of the ceiling can be matte, satin, glossy, suede and mirror.Such coatings have a low level of resistance to mechanical stress - the coating can be easily deformed, and at the same time they are relatively inexpensive.
Fabric stretch ceilings are made of woven canvas, which is treated with various substances to impart special qualities. The characteristic features include the fact that they are resistant to temperature extremes, relatively durable and at the same time more expensive than film.
Photos of single-level stretch ceilings in an apartment differ from each other, because they can be with different cuts (seamed and seamless). Almost all fabrics are of the seamless type, in contrast to the film-type options, which only recently began to be made from a single piece of material (previously they were exclusively sutured).
If we talk about sutures, then they have the following features:
What design solutions are there in terms of using a single-level ceiling structure?
Even if there is no stylized interior, canvas stretch ceiling can bring a decorative effect and make the aesthetic appearance of the room better.
There are many different unusual coating options, which are made in the following form:
And the main thing is the installation process.
Work on the installation of the stretching curtain in one level is performed quickly, without special preparation of the material or working surface. The types of attachment devices that are used to fix the canvas in the room vary depending on the specific product.
Cloth fabrics are usually mounted on wedge fasteners, and film fabrics are fixed on baguettes-harpoons.In this case, fabric products are easy to install under the ceiling, but film products still "shrink" after warming up.
The stages of work are as follows:
- Marking - first measure and mark the mounting locations of the fasteners. Film canvases are mounted with an air layer of 1.5 cm, and fabric products are attached at a distance of 4-5 cm from the ceiling surface.
- Installation of fasteners - according to the marked dimensions, a baguette with the desired type of fastening device is installed, and for this, self-tapping screws are used with a pitch of 0.2 meters.
- Hanging the canvas - the product is attached to clamps at the corners.
- Heating (only for PVC coverings). The canvases are heated with a special tool, for example, a building hair dryer or a heat gun.
- Threading the canvas - the fabric product needs to be threaded moving to the center from the corners, and PVC from the center in the corners of the room.
- At the end with wedge holders, cut off excess material, put in aluminum strips for fixing, and for harpoon fastening, attach skirting boards.
Watch the video for installing a single-level stretch ceiling.
Posted By: Work Style |10, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |06, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |05, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |13, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |02, Nov 2020