Making a pond in the country with your own hands + photo
Own cottage - how good it is! But sometimes you really want to change what's on the site. We propose to consider how to make the design of a decorative pond in the country.
Let's consider the main rules of decoration and arrangement, which help to make an artificial pond an excellent addition to the existing landscape design.
Before making a pond in the country with your own hands, you should definitely decide on the type of future reservoir. Depending on the functional purpose, we can distinguish 4 types at once:
- Small pond - will serve as a wonderful decoration for the garden, as well as a small part of the whole landscape composition.
Active rest near such a reservoir is not expected.
- Fish pond - private ponds with beautiful and colorful fish are actively pushing small aquariums out of the market. It can be reservoirs in full with any shape, the main thing is that the dimensions are comfortable for all inhabitants. In this pond you can put fish for fishing and eating, or ornamental fish. Regardless of who will be bred in the pond, it is imperative to take care of the water filtration system and its enrichment with oxygen.
- A decorative pond is a reservoir with great depth, which is additionally equipped with a bridge, borders and special lighting.
- Swimming pond - pools can still be classified as artificial reservoirs. In addition to the aesthetic function, they make it possible to cool off or swim, depending on the size.
The functions of the pond in the future will determine the choice of location, parameters and shape. Also, a nuance will be important for everyone who is interested in how to make a pond on a personal plot - choosing a style for such a reservoir.
A couple of basic styles can be distinguished, which have a large number of modifications:
The selection of style will largely determine the terrain at a personal dacha. If the surface is perfectly flat, this will make it possible to make a pond with any type of configuration.
Irregularities and drops leave no choice but to make an artificial pond with a waterfall, bridge or cascade.
If you began to wonder how to make a pond in the country with your own hands then pay more attention to its future location. You should not make a reservoir solely for the sake of a reservoir, when you can make a real highlight in landscape design as a whole.When choosing a place to place a pond, certain nuances should be taken into account:
When determining the location, be sure to consider:
The pond must be combined with the rest of the landscape composition elements, buildings and all the style of the country house arrangement. When studying all the parameters that are listed, you can determine how to dig a pond, as well as what size and shape to give preference to.
Making a pond in the country with your own hands can be done by different methods that the market offers. For this, manufacturing companies offer all kinds of materials, although most of them suggest using improvised devices as a basis. Each of the methods has certain advantages.
Everyone decides for himself what to choose, based on the design idea, financial possibilities, and the size of the summer cottage plot.
Tools that will be required, regardless of the type of base:
So, to begin with, we propose to consider the types of bases.
A concrete bowl is one of the most expensive options, but all this guarantees a long service life of an artificial summer cottage. Most often, a similar basis is used when building a swimming pool in a suburban area, or when creating an artificial type of reservoir in the northern region because of its resistance to temperature extremes. Concrete makes it possible to make compositions with different shapes and dimensions. The main features of using such a basis:
Bowls made of concrete are decorated with tiles, artificial stone, figures of animals and birds.
To simplify the work, ready-made types of forms made of polyvinyl chloride or fiberglass are used. They can be distinguished by the simplicity of installation work, as well as durability (up to 3 decades of operation).
Among the minuses, we highlight the difficulty of transporting large sizes, and the optimal choice would be a fiberglass mold with a rubber base.
Step-by-step instructions for making a pond in the country with your own hands:
- After you have chosen a place and a finished shape, you need to pull out a pit. To do this, you need to lay the form on the soil surface, mark the contour of its boundaries, and the foundation pit should be 10 cm more than the shaped parameters.
- Installing the vessel in a prepared pit - use the measuring rail to determine whether it is level.
- Fill the mold with water.
- Fill the resulting voids with sand and compact.
Before digging a foundation pit with your own hands, you must necessarily think over everything on paper in the form of a sketch, and then transfer it to a primer. The most convenient way to mark is with sand or a garden hose. For decoration, stones can be laid out along the shaped edges or even plants can be planted. This should be done only after the container has completely shrunk, and often this pond is additionally decorated with a fountain.
The design of the pond in the country (as in the photo) can be made with another modern material, which is often used to make an artificial reservoir with any size and shape - film. You can use all sorts of varieties - polymer, polyvinyl chloride, and also butyl rubber. The choice will depend on the operating conditions - the service life of polymer films is up to 10 years, butyl rubber is more than 50 years, even under conditions of constant frost or rocky surfaces. Another step-by-step manufacturing instruction:
6 to 0.8 meters. If the characteristics are less, this will threaten the freezing of the reservoir in the winter, excessive heating in the summer, the death of the fauna and flora of the miniature pond.
2 meters for the blind area.
The calculation of the required amount of film canvases is done in this way - add 2 depths and 1 meter to the stock to the width and length of the pond. The film edges should extend 0.2 meters beyond the edge of the pond. When choosing a film, take into account its thickness, composition, resistance to ultraviolet radiation, as well as mechanical damage.
When choosing a polyvinyl chloride film, you need to understand the peculiarities of using different colors:
For the bottom to be suitable for planting or to provide additional protection against mechanical damage, the film must be covered with stones or pebbles. This approach requires in the future constant cleaning of the pond due to rotting particles of organic particles, and therefore many people prefer to leave the film open.
You can decorate the coastline with stones, tiles, and also bricks. The main thing is that the material is laid on a cement mortar, and the width of the blind area is at least 0.6 meters.
Making a decorative pond in the country can be done without using a ready-made form, film, or making a concrete base. There are several options for those who do not want to purchase specialized finishing and building materials, or to dig a large pit.
As a base for a pond of an artificial type, you can use:
- An old bathroom is a feature when preparing a pit, and it is required to provide a depression at the location of the drain, and then fill everything with pebbles ... This makes it possible, if necessary, to drain water into the ground. It is possible not to dig a hole at all, but it is recommended to cover the bottom of the bathroom with a varnish or waterproof paint.
- Taz - a large pit is not needed. It can be used as a base for an artificial modern reservoir, or as a permanent decoration of the site.
- Tire - makes it possible to equip a small decorative element of the landscape design. The tire must be cut in half, placed in a prepared hole, and also covered with a polymer film.
- Crates, pots, buckets and cans for making miniature ponds on site.
Insulation is also required to be done with a polymer film. This option is ideal for growing aquatic plants.
Even with an ideal lack of funds for the arrangement, you can create a pond that will become a real decoration of your summer cottage area. To turn a pond into a complete compositional element, you need to think about its decoration. If this is a pond with fish, you cannot do without a filtration system.
For an artificial reservoir, which is made by hand in the country, you can use a simple filtration system. This requires a small pumping station with a sand filter. For the system, 2 pipes are important - one will be for draining dirty water, and the second will again supply purified water to the reservoir. If additional purification is required, you can make a small stream with sand, along which filtered water will flow.
It turns out that if you understand the main nuances of arranging a summer pond, then it will be feasible to do it yourself.
It doesn't take a lot of effort, time and money to create a beautiful water area around the house.
Posted By: Work Style |12, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |08, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |10, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |06, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |11, Nov 2020