Varnish for metal - characteristics and varieties
Metal is a fairly strong material with excellent performance characteristics ... But even metal structures are susceptible to aggressive factors and ways to deteriorate quickly. To protect such products, special means are produced.
One of the most reliable protective coatings is metal varnish. The varieties, properties and uses of such material will be discussed in much more detail in this article.
Features and advantages. Manufacturers of paint and varnish coatings produce many types of varnish for metal coatings. Each type of this product will have its own specifications.
All varnishes for metal surfaces have common qualities:
- B the composition of such a material necessarily contains substances that will occupy the metal from corrosive effects.
- The coating created by the varnish will be highly wear resistant and durable.
- Mixes not only help to create a durable coating, but also increase the operational life of metal structures.
- Excellent help to protect the surface from moisture and other aggressive external manifestations.
Let's consider what types of funds are.
On the modern market of materials for finishing there are a large number of varnish compositions that differ in properties and composition that can be used to protect metal surfaces. The classification of mixtures will look like this:
Paints and varnishes for metal are produced most often in the form of a transparent solution. But there are colored and black mixtures, and certain types of colorless products can be added with pigments. In addition to the shade, paints and varnishes differ in the level of gloss of the created coating:
Please note that one-component and two-component products differ according to the release type.
The first mixtures are immediately ready for application, and such varnishes are not the most popular, because in terms of quality they are two-component compositions.
These mixtures are divided into hardener and base. To prepare the solution, the components must be mixed with each other, and this must be done immediately before the start of the repair work.
Such varnish composition is made on the basis of bitumen of artificial or natural origin of bitumen.In order to improve the technical characteristics of the coating, special additives are used in the manufacture of the mixture.
After drying such a varnish for metal for outdoor use, a strong film is formed on the metal surface, which will protect the structure from mechanical effects. Bituminous varnish composition can be used in the process of metal pickling, and those areas that cannot be pickled should be covered with Kuzbasslak. The resulting film will reliably protect the treated surface from the effects of chemicals. Bituminous mixtures can be divided into several more subspecies, which differ in certain components contained in the composition. Certain characteristics of solutions may differ, depending on the composition.
All types of bituminous solutions have such positive qualities:
Consider the following type of varnish.
Such varnish compositions are often used in order to create a reliable protective coating on the inside of various tanks and metal containers. Such material can still be used for finishing metal structures outside and inside the room. Among the advantages of the mixture, we highlight the following qualities:
- Reliable protection against corrosion.
- Excellent wear resistance.
- High degree of adhesion.
- Increases the service life of metal structures.
- High degree of strength of the created coating.
- Resistance to aggressive environment.
- Withstands a large temperature range - from -60 degrees to +86 degrees.
Colorless type polyurethane-based mixture can be combined with colorants to obtain the desired shade. Such a coating is often used as a final finish.
Based on acrylic
Acrylic mixtures cannot be inferior in quality to other paints and varnishes for metal. One of the distinctive features of acrylic-type compounds is the high drying rate of coatings.
After drying, the varnish will form a very durable waterproof film on metal structures. Due to these properties, the mixture is ideal for processing metal products that are operated in conditions of high humidity levels or even often come into contact with moisture. Acrylic varnish composition has excellent advantages:
Let's talk about several more types of varnish compositions.
A shiny durable coating on the surface is formed by alkyd varnishes for metal. Such a solution is made on the basis of alkyd resins with the addition of various additives, and the form of release will depend on the manufacturer of the material. On the construction market, you can find an alkyd varnish composition in the form of an aerosol can or in a simple can.
Let's highlight the following advantages of this coating:
Consider a couple more types of funds.
Such a mixture for fireplaces and stoves is able to withstand high temperatures (more than +250 degrees). This mixture is often used as an additive for alkyd varnishes and acrylic-based solutions. Oven varnish helps create a durable anti-corrosion coating for protection.
Lacquer composition "Tsapon"
This mixture is one of the varieties of nitro lacquer.
The solution will not only create a durable and protective coating, but also decorate the surface, since pigments can be added to its composition. With the addition of certain coloring agents, the lacquer consistency may become thicker, and it will also look like a liquid gel. This type of nitro varnish can be used for priming metal surfaces. This agent prevents rust formation and perfectly protects the surface from damage.
Before making a choice in favor of one or another varnish composition for metal, it is necessary to take into account a large number of factors .
.. When choosing a suitable coating, the following recommendations can be used:
- A range of mixtures should be studied for processing metal coatings. Each type of varnish composition will have certain characteristics and technical properties.
- Consideration should be given to the area of application of the paint and varnish material, and mixtures for outdoor type of work must have excellent resistance to moisture and temperature extremes.
- Desired coating color. In the modern building materials market, you can find not just transparent varnish compositions on metal surfaces, but also pigmented options.
- Desired gloss level of the finished coating. Matte surfaces are much easier to care for.A glossy finish will look more attractive, but not very practical, as it is prone to various dirt and scratches that will be clearly visible on a shiny surface.
Now for some tips.
Here are some tips:
You can apply the varnish composition with a paint brush, spray can or spray gun (if you bought an aerosol).
And how to apply the varnish composition correctly, you can see in the video.
Posted By: Work Style |01, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |12, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |13, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |11, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |13, Nov 2020