Washing powder paint - means and methods
Washing powder paint is not an easy task and requires great effort. Mechanical cleaning by means of improvised tools will not help here. The reason for the difficulties in the strength of this type of paint and varnish compositions. In order to remove the paint, chemical agents, shot blasting and sandblasting methods are used, as well as burning the material. Below we will consider such methods in more detail.
Powder-type paint can be removed with a cleaning solution. remover is a chemically active substance that softens the paint and varnish layer, and then it will be removed with a metal spatula. While using chemicals is the easiest way to remove paint and varnish, there are several disadvantages to doing this.
First of all, it is easiest to wash off a relatively fresh coating, but if the surface was painted a couple of years ago, it will be very difficult to remove the paint. In addition, the chemicals will be highly toxic.
For example, poisonous methylene chloride will be a common component of washes.
Work is carried out in the following order:
- To protect eyes and skin from exposure to chemicals, wearing rubber gloves and protective goggles.
- We dip the product with a container with a cleaning agent.
- For 1 / 3-1 / 4 hour, wait for the paint to swell and stir the solution periodically.
- When the paint starts to peel, remove the product, clean the remaining coating with a scraper or even a spatula.
- Place the item in sodium phosphate solution for a few minutes. In the absence of sodium, you can rinse the product in a container with plain clean water. it should be noted that water will not be able to completely remove traces of methylene chloride, and therefore, after washing the cleaned items, it should be heated.
Please note that the effectiveness of chemical washes will significantly decrease at low air temperatures, and therefore, in such cases, the liquid should be warmed up.
Remover powder paint remover is an effective and reusable product designed for removing polyester, epoxy and epoxy-polyester coatings.
You can process not just steel, but also aluminum. "Remover" is a preparation that is ready to use immediately. The table below shows the parameters that correspond to such a chemical.
Type of paint
|The period of holding the product in the bathtubs at drug temperatures from +20 to +30 degrees||The time interval of holding the product in the bath at a temperature of the preparation from +30 to +40 degrees||The period of holding the product in the bath at a temperature of the preparation from +40 to +65 degrees|
|Epoxy Polyester, Epoxy||1/3 to 2/3 hours||1/4 to 1/3 hours||7 to 10 minutes|
|Polyester||1.5 to 24 hours||2 to 3 hours||1 hour|
Please note that this type of chemical can only be heated with a ventilation system.
Recommendations for the use of a chemical remover of powder paint from "Remover":
Let's consider one more tool.
This agent is used to remove all types of powder-type formulations, including epoxy, polyester, polyurethane, epoxy-polyester and also vinyl chloride. Both steel surfaces and products made of non-ferrous metals can be cleaned. It is possible to clean concrete, plaster, wood and stone surfaces.
The main parameters of "Fail-4":
Before applying the composition, the surface should be prepared.
Preparation work consists in cleaning the treated coating from contamination by means of water or technical detergents. Washing off powder paint can be applied in several ways:
The advantages of the preparation are as follows:
- It is possible to remove all types of powder paints, and this favorably distinguishes "Feil-4" from competitors ...
- Low consumption of funds. For other competing products, it ranges from 0.
3 to 0.6 kg per square meter, but this product will not have more than 0.25 kg.
- The exposure time is from 3 to 16 minutes, while for analogs it can take up to several hours.
- Excellent thixotropic properties.
thixotropy means the ability of a wash to linger on a vertical surface.
- Wash can be diluted, and if necessary, with isopropyl alcohol. We are talking about the proportions in the form of 1-2 measures of alcohol per 8-9 measures of the preparation for flushing.
- Water will make the wash viscous, but its effectiveness will be greatly reduced.
- Will remain active at low temperatures, and still do not lose their qualities during defrosting.
Let's consider a couple more types.
This method is easy to use and harmless to the processed materials. During cleaning, the coating will be exposed to powerful water jets, which contains glass chips, which act as an abrasive. In this case, the water should be obtained cold in order to create the most fragile coating possible.
The work steps are as follows:
Next, we suggest learning about the sandblasting method.
This method will involve peeling off the paint by directing it to the coating with a powerful water jet with abrasive materials - sand.
In this case, not only particles of the coloring matter will flake off, but also rust. The method is very laborious, because within a minute, only 10-12 square centimeters on the coating can be processed with high quality. The main disadvantage of the sandblasting method is the high price of equipment. Moreover, working with such a device requires certain experience and skills. It should also be noted that powerful jets with sandy abrasives can damage very thin or even fragile parts.
A remover for powder paint from metal is not always suitable, and the coating can even be removed by thermal means. This is the most effective way to remove the coating, but far from the most gentle with respect to the treatment material. For example, burnout should not be used on plastic or cast iron surfaces. In the first case, the material will begin to crack, and in the second, it will melt. It should also be noted that when heated, some materials begin to release toxins that are dangerous to human health.
For firing, a blowtorch or an acetylene-oxygen torch is usually used.
When choosing a method of cleaning from powder paints, one should take into account the characteristics of the base material, its size and shape, as well as the availability of tools. The simplest method is chemical cleansing. If the characteristics of the material permit, you can also use sandblasting. Roasting is used for extreme cases, if other options do not work.
Posted By: Work Style |04, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |06, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |05, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |09, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |05, Nov 2020