Redevelopment (kitchen in the hallway) - design ideas. The desire of each person to increase their own living space can be considered natural, since this is required for various activities, as well as for recreation. Our small-sized apartments still from the Soviet era (construction period) are not always able to suit the owners, therefore one of the redevelopment methods is to move the kitchen to the corridor. Only now this is done in completely different ways.
In the first option, the rearrangement of furniture is meant, and in the second, the transfer of plumbing equipment, as well as the required re-equipment of the partitions.
Redevelopment of an apartment
The standard rearrangement of an apartment from one room is unlikely to be really interesting to anyone, so we'd better consider the second option, which implies what will a certain redevelopment has been carried out. Before deciding on such a step, you should clearly understand what the legal consequences will be after this, as well as what work needs to be done.
Aspect related to rules and rights
So, let's talk about the kitchen in the hallway:
- The very first thing that you must do before starting all the remodeling work in the apartment is to coordinate the issue with all relevant organizations - housing associations, house management, and so on. If you do not receive the appropriate permission from the organization on whose balance your house is, then any technical changes can lead to different consequences. In addition, in certain cases, the transfer of partitions or water and sewer pipes may be simply impossible from a technical point of view, and this will become clear if the building plan is considered in more detail.
Before applying for a permit, you must know, then according to clause 24 PP PF No. 47-PP, you cannot place your kitchen above the living rooms of the apartment below, but the hallway and corridor are not. If in this respect the issue can be considered resolved, then you should definitely pay attention to the provision, which is written in clause 9. 12 SNiP 31-03-2003 and clause 5.1 SaNPiN 2.
1.2. 2645-10, where set out all the requirements for the presence of a natural type of lighting in the room, which will be used for the kitchen. It turns out that it can be a window to the kitchen or a large opening from another room, which also has natural light.
- In such a situation, it will not be superfluous to pay attention to an additional aspect of the question, namely, that even if you vacated the kitchen and there are residential floors below you, then according to clause 24 of PP PF No.
47-PP you will not you can convert this room into a nursery or a bedroom, since the last two options are living quarters.But in this case, you can get around the situation if you place on the territory of the former kitchen, for example, the same study, as seen in the photo, or your own home workshop.
In addition, there is one more factor that can become an insoluble problem when moving the kitchen to another room. But, again, a lot will depend on how you look at this question. If we are talking about unification, then it is impossible, and if you only want to expand the area, then this option is allowed.
In addition, if you are not constrained in funds, then you can simply turn off the gas pipeline and switch to using an electric stove.
- Now a little about the fact that regarding the dismantling work for the partitions between rooms - coordination of the transfer of the kitchen room to the corridor can be obtained only when you have a source of natural light there, which means that you it will be necessary to somehow increase or even redo the opening into a room next to the window. In the event that the partition is load-bearing or half-load-bearing, no one will allow it to be dismantled, because this step will violate the structural features of the building, or, more simply, it will reduce its strength.
- In addition, when redeveloping an apartment (moving the kitchen to the corridor), the question may arise as to whether it is possible to do this if the apartment is one-room? Yes, in general it is possible, but only if the source with natural lighting is from the side of the former kitchen, and not from the side of the living room. As a last resort, the partition can separate both rooms at least conditionally, so that there is not a single claim from the commission.
In other situations, unification can be performed only on condition that the apartment has a separate living room, the area of which is not less than 8 m 2 .
- So, if you decided on capital changes in your own apartment on a legal basis (which is correct and reasonable), then this will require a redevelopment project for its approval. However, you can act at your own peril and risk, do not agree on anything with anyone, but quite often this turns into big troubles in the form of flooding of neighbors or even a gas leak, and in this case, problems with the law will be inevitable.
Please note, that if your apartment is on the first floor, then p. 24 PP PF No.
37-PP loses its power, since there are no living quarters below you. It turns out that the kitchen sink or sink can be placed anywhere, which means that the kitchen can be located anywhere, the main thing is that this room has natural light and a normal ventilation system is equipped.
Now a little about the displacement of the premises:
So, if you nevertheless decide to move the kitchen with the entire set and other into the hallway, this will be the best option, since under you do not have a living area (everything is based on p.24 PP PF No. 47-PP).
In this case, the issue of gas will also be removed in the sense that the decree of the Moscow Government No. 508-PP of 25.10.2011, paragraph 11.18 does not make it possible to leave openings without doors between those rooms where the gas stove is located .
.. This will indicate that you have abandoned the stove and connected an analogue powered by electricity.
- Now you should pay attention to the partition that separates the corridor from all other rooms - there is a high probability that there is a door for passage. But you do not have a window, which is so necessary for the kitchen, and for this reason, in the place where the doorway is located, you can make a large arch or completely remove the partition so that the light from the window in the room can enter the corridor, which has become part of the kitchen .
- In addition, a lot will depend on what type of building you have, where your property is located, but you still need to dismantle partly or even completely partitions. To install new partitions, it will be much more convenient to use a material such as drywall, in any case, its installation will do without "wet" work, and this will significantly affect the duration of the installation work, and practically will not affect the final cost of materials ..
- In some cases, you can completely abandon the partition, because making the transition from the kitchen to the corridor will be tantamount to installing a source with natural light, and this is extremely necessary for the legal implementation of the project. As a last resort, in order to somehow accomplish the division of the room according to its intended purpose and move the kitchen to the corridor, you can make an arch, but in the kitchen, which will look like a narrow strip on the ceiling.
Good advice! If you are dismantling partitions and installing arches exclusively with your own hands, then for this, as already noted earlier, it is better to use a material such as drywall. It can also be convenient for a recessed type of luminaire that can be used to mark a virtual zone boundary.
Now about the pressing matters - how to transfer pipes and other plumbing:
- Naturally, you will need a new wiring of water pipes, because you can only move the kitchen to the corridor with a sink, otherwise all work will be meaningless. Of course, you will need both hot and cold water, and for this reason, you will need to run two pipes. Most often, the layout of the apartments is made in such a way that the bathroom, which contains the plumbing and sewer riser, is located between the corridor and the kitchen. For this reason, the wiring is best done from the point that is closest - from the sanitary unit.
- At the moment, cold water is most often diluted using polypropylene pipes, although in some cases metal-plastic, brass, copper or even steel are used.
No matter how it turns out, the wiring must necessarily be complete, and in addition, a dishwasher can be installed in the kitchen, and this will additionally require a point for supplying cold water.
- But the most difficult plumbing issue during the transfer of the kitchen to a new place will be the arrangement of the sewer drain, since it must be located on a slope. For an ideal drain, according to the instructions, a pipe slope of 1 or 2 cm is provided for each running meter. If the slope turns out to be less, then the pipe will be regularly clogged (the diameter of the sewer pipe for washing is 5 cm), and if it is more, then the water will pass and leave solid waste on the walls, namely food debris, and after a while the holes will also begin to clog ..
The recommendation of an experienced plumber: when moving the sink to another place, most often they replace the nozzles, and sometimes even the mixer itself, which comes with two pipes having a metal braid. If you use just such nozzles, then in no case should you allow a sharp turn or even twisting of the pipes, since usually in places of increased load they are not able to withstand pressure and burst, and with this the hose itself bursts.
It is better not to use the pipes that have a metal braid and are supplied with the mixer in the kit. Alternatively, you can consider metal-plastic, use plumbing corners as an adapter to the mixer.
The most reliable option is to use metal pipes with great flexibility - although they are more expensive than analogs, they never break through and have a long service life (this is enough for the life of more than one crane).
If you are redeveloping and moving the kitchen to the hallway or corridor, then naturally, this is done to increase the degree of comfort in the apartment and all SNiPs that exist are designed for exactly this, since comfort is strongly associated with such an aspect as safety. For this reason, do not forget that the neighbors on the floor below most likely live below you, and they also want to live in safety and comfort. In the video below, you will find additional information on the topic of the article.