DIY painting of PVC windows. Is it possible to paint PVC windows on your own or at home?
This question is asked by many. And although at the moment plastic snow-white windows are most often used, they do not always match the main interior in color. In certain cases, colored products are needed, for example, brown is extremely popular at the moment, and staining should be done to obtain it.
What exactly to paint plastic windows and how to do it correctly, you will learn today.
If you don't know how to paint PVC windows, you should first consider all staining options. There are several basic technologies by means of which it is possible to industrially make colored polyvinyl chloride. Manufacturers use the methods as one method of staining, as well as a combination of several methods.
We propose to consider how and what can be used to paint plastic windows:
Profiles are presented only in white and also in brown. In this case, the structure of the brown plastic will have slight differences from the simple one. To prevent the profile from fading after a while, it should be covered with a special acrylic film. It will also be a reliable protection against deformation of the windows with regular exposure to the sun's ray. At the same time, neither the protective film nor the profile shade will in any way reduce the durability of the windows.
Quite a simple method for making PVC colored. The profile is simply coated with a special agent with a chemical composition in several layers. Next, it should be placed in the oven to dry under low heat. The result is varnishing on the profile surface, which not only gives the required shade, but also makes the texture unusual to the touch.
This method of coloring the profile is the most reliable and durable. Special equipment is used for lamination. Everything is done by knurling. It should be noted that the choice of lamination shades is very diverse. Among the advantages, we highlight a rich palette of colors, an extended period of use and an additional level of protection.
So, how to paint plastic windows correctly?
All work will mainly depend on quality of the plane, which is preparation, because in this case the dye will lay down evenly and hold for a long time. All the work is carried out in several stages, and all of them should be examined closer.
Painting plastic windows begins with preparatory work, because the surface is glossy, and the dye simply will not adhere to it. For this reason, the surface should be matt. Even the durability of the coating will depend on the quality of the preparatory work for painting PVC windows with your own hands.
This is done incorrectly, and then the dye will exfoliate, and the cost will not increase from this. The instruction will look like this:
This will make it possible to get rid of dusty residues, as well as plastic shavings. You also need to remove the protective film, and the rest of the windows that cannot be painted must be protected with masking tapes.
Only then is it allowed to apply the paint and varnish material.
And now let's look at the dyeing process itself.
Carefully examine the surface of the profile, which is made of polyvinyl chloride. It does not have to be perfectly clean, but also absolutely dry. Also pay attention to the fact that it is important to ensure that there are no residues of adhesive and traces of glue or silicone.
- At the same time, before starting work, it is important to protect the rest of the profile parts, which will not be painted with masking tape.
- Static stress and grease on surfaces can interfere with the application process.
Brother should be a piece of cloth, soak it with a special cleaner, and then carefully and carefully wipe the profile surface with it.After the window, leave alone for a few minutes while the cleaner evaporates. Only after that it will be possible to start coloring the PVC plastic.
- Paint should also be prepared, and when choosing a paint, you should first consider its labeling. It must be indicated on the packaging that the paint is suitable for covering polyvinyl chloride surfaces with it.
- Paint should be loaded into gun. You should make sure in advance that the instruments are not only clean, but also completely dry. Please note that the room conditions must also be suitable. The temperature in the room should be +18 degrees, and the humidity should not exceed 80%.
- On the plastic profile, paint and varnish material should be applied only in one layer, and the thickness should be equal to 80 microns, and it is not recommended to deviate from this indicator.
- If the paint and varnish layer turns out to be thicker, so that the profile completely dries out, it will take much longer, which, in turn, can provoke damage to the decorative type of the profile.
- Paint such as the one that has a metallic shade has been extremely popular lately. It can also be used to coat polyvinyl chloride profiles. But in this case, it is recommended to make a couple of layers, not one. Apply the first layer no more than 100 microns thick and no less than 80 microns thick, and then leave to dry.
On average, it takes about 10 hours, and after drying, cover the profile with a second layer. But this should no longer be paint, but varnish without color. The layer should be no more than 80 microns thick.
What are the nuances?
Painting PVC windows using the co-extrusion method enjoys increased popularity and is considered one of the most reliable. It can be used to create an acrylic coating on the PVC front side in a variety of shades.
Please note that if you are wondering what to paint a profile with, we recommend choosing an acrylic varnish composition. Such staining will create the appearance of a velvety-looking surface, and also gives it a matte finish.
Window frames that are painted in any color will be easy to clean and maintain. At the same time, the indicators of resistance to wear are quite high. It will not cause any harm to health.
Before you start painting PVC windows with your own hands, it is important to learn about certain features:
There is nothing difficult during coloring the profile, it is only important to follow the recommendations of specialists.Colored profiles, painted in rich bright shades, will become the property of any room and will be the object of attention of all guests.
So, the process will be as follows:
- If wet films with a thickness of 80-120 microns, room temperature about +23 degrees and humidity up to 70%, the coating will dry out within an hour.
The coating will completely dry out after at least 7 days.
- In order for the metal to dry, you should wait 10 hours, and if the wet layer turns out to be thicker, the temperature in the room will be lower, and the humidity level is high, then the time needed for perfect drying will increase several times.
- There is a special technology for accelerated drying, used at a temperature of +50 degrees. In the first couple of minutes, the temperature will be +25 degrees, and after that it will increase. Air humidity in this case will be from 50 to 70%.
So, we decided to give a lot of methods for painting plastic windows at home. Each of them will have their own advantages and disadvantages. A plastic colored window, of course, will become one of the main objects of attention in your home. Caring for them will not differ from cleaning a regular window. By the way, such a procedure for painting PVC windows will not reduce the quality characteristics and durability of the product.
The paints used are environmentally friendly, will not be toxic and do not harm the health of those living in the house. You already know how to paint plastic windows with your own hands - first we select paint for plastic windows, then we prepare the processing plane, and everything should be done carefully, carefully, and only in this case the dye will lay down evenly and will hold for a long time.
Posted By: Work Style |12, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |09, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |02, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |05, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |09, Nov 2020