To replace standard linoleum flooring or parquet floors, which are made using new polymer technology. They were able to quickly become popular with buyers.
These floors are made in almost all houses, city apartments, but before you buy this or that option, you need to carefully consider all the nuances and features of the coating.
It has a number of unusual characteristics, parameters that distinguish the polymer floor from other types of flooring.
Polymeric coatings are a homogeneous floor covering that is made by pouring over concrete or other materials.
Made in the form of a mixture, it obtains the required consistency by diluting and mixing the composition. The ready-made composition is required to fill the floors according to the algorithm, and after a set time it hardens, creating a perfectly flat and smooth surface on which there are no joints. Such floors are made to cover all the disadvantages of the main floor due to polymerizing materials in their composition. Polymer flooring technology was developed back in the 1960s. The main innovation of such a coating was its ability to self-level through polymer compounds.
It was used in the base as the final layer for the concrete surface, since it is concrete that is the most popular types of frames. Another important quality of liquid linoleum was the shade of the floor in the room.
Like all floor coverings, the polymer composition has certain advantages and disadvantages. The advantages of the material include the following characteristics:
The surface itself does not lose its qualities during interaction with water.
It will look great with any interior style, and through this technology you can create not only beautiful, but also exclusive room decoration.
Despite the many advantages of a polymer floor, there are a number of negative nuances regarding such a coating. Compared to traditional linoleum and other floor coverings, polymer types of mixtures have a very high cost. It is most advisable to make a choice in favor of expensive products, since in the price range, tracking the ratio of cost and quality. For this reason, covering large areas has a huge financial impact.
There is a mandatory procedure when pouring the floor - leveling the base. This will require additional expenditure of effort, time and money. When pouring, it is required to strictly observe a number of conditions - to provide an ideal, absolutely dry base, since if you apply liquid linoleum to a moistened base, the result may not even meet expectations. Also, there should be no temperature differences more than 2 degrees - this can also affect the stability of the coating and quality. This type of coating cannot be dismantled.
If you decide to replace the floor surface, you will not be able to completely get rid of liquid linoleum, and the only way out is to apply new material to the previous one. The process from the initial stage in the form of application of the composition to the readiness for the operational process takes a very long time. Sometimes it takes even more than a week to finish the floor in a room. The disadvantages of such a coating are not so terrible and are easily compensated for by many advantages. Elimination of all difficulties comes down only to a competent calculation of the time of repair work and financial expenses.
One of the main preparatory steps for applying polymer coatings is to provide all the materials and tools necessary for the process. The main raw materials are:
- Mix of matched coating.
- Priming process mixture containing quartz sand. It must be selected in accordance with the instructions of the manufacturers of self-leveling floors.
- Putty for correcting the surface of the base.
- Paintwork material for finishing.
- Additional decor with one shade or another (optional).
You need to have different types of equipment with you:
Having all the necessary components at hand will greatly facilitate the pouring process.
Before starting the floor pouring, you need to thoroughly think over the choice of the type of coating, as well as prepare the device for the polymer floor in compliance with the following algorithm:
- Clearly select what will be the purpose of the room, as well as its type.
- Make calculations for the possible size of further loads on the floor surface during use.
- Consider whether you need decorative elements in your design.
- Calculate the value for money. The main criteria for the calculation is the floor surface area, which determines the amount of material, the required design and the brand of the selected products. The price range varies from 350 to 600 rubles per square meter.
- It is required to calculate the required number of materials. remember that 1 liter of the mixture is required to cover one square meter with a layer of 0.1 cm thick. Based on the required thickness of the coating, it will be easy to determine the amount of material for the room as a whole. Certain manufacturers are developing products with a more economical consumption by adding a specialized filler to the mixture, which increases its density.
- Remove the old trim layer.
- Clean the floor surface from debris, glue residues and other traces of the previous coating.
- Prepare the base for pouring, and the specifics of this stage will depend on the base material.
For concrete coatings, a screed is made so that the floor is as flat as possible. After installing the screed, you should completely get rid of moisture on the surface, and the dust is removed with a construction vacuum cleaner (a household one will not work).
It is required to rid the surface of excess fat, using solvents for this. If the surfaces are old, then the relief on it will turn out to be eliminated by pouring the epoxy composition into the grooves and cracks before screed. For porous surfaces, special solutions are suitable that have a high degree of penetration into the structure, that is, silling. A wood base is practically unsuitable for pouring this floor, but with proper processing, even it can become an ideal base for new floors.
It is required to open the surface and replace the unusable floor elements.
When closing, strengthen the plank position relative to each other, get rid of the old paint and varnish layer, for which you need a special putty for wood (it covers up the notches and cracks). when sanding a leveled surface, it is required to put a self-leveling screed on it. If a ceramic tile is used as a base, be sure to check its fastening strength. After that, it is required to putty all uneven areas, and by means of an organic solvent, it is required to rid the tile of excess fat. By taking care of all the necessary parts, you will be able to properly prepare the surface for the application of the pouring material and thereby contribute to the long operating life of the coating.
So that the self-leveling flooring retains its gloss as long as possible, it requires proper care. It is similar to caring for parquet. The method of maintaining the excellent condition of the floor is a wet or dry type of cleaning, and in the first option, you can use special products for polymer floor surfaces, which are based on special acids. In case of stubborn dirt, it is important to leave the composition on the surface for 5 minutes. Then it is required to thoroughly rinse the product with clean water.
In industrial premises for cleaning the floor, it is preferable to use special units with powerful pressure, which remove deep dirt from the surface. In no case should toxic substances be overexposed on the floor surface, as there is a risk of damage to the polymer structure. Periodically, you can treat the floor surface with a special paint and varnish material to update the appearance.
In order to avoid a mistake when choosing a mixture for pouring a floor, it is worthwhile to inquire in advance about different manufacturers.Among the most famous are the following companies:
- "Elakor PU" offers compounds that are resistant to stress.
The mixture contains a hardener, and when combined with a wide range of colors, everything is complemented by a high resistance to chemicals.
- Giрсrеt Тhermаflоr we offer an unusual polymer type coating, which has a light consistency. A distinctive feature of the composition is an absolute guarantee that there will be no cracks.
- The KrasKo firm produces such products, and the ratio of cost and quality in it is quite favorable. Such materials create coating materials that can withstand all kinds of stress.
When choosing your home / polymer coating business, you definitely can't go wrong. They are not only comfortable, but also very beautiful. Being in a room with this coating, you will definitely feel comfort, as well as aesthetic pleasure. See the video for filling the polymer floor.
Posted By: Work Style |02, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |06, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |06, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |13, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |12, Nov 2020