Technical characteristics of C8 corrugated board + dimensions
Profiled flooring is a material that is used in the construction industry already long enough. But its popularity increased sharply when manufacturers began to offer multi-colored panels instead of a gray nondescript sheet. The demand for such material is growing every year, and the reason for this is the low cost with high technical and operational parameters.
In this article we want to tell you only about one kind of this material, namely about the technical characteristics of the C8 corrugated board. Note why this type received this marking, what sheet sizes, where it can be used and how to install it.
Profiled material is made of galvanized steel sheet, which will be supplied to the workshop in the form of rolls. As mentioned earlier, manufacturers offer three types of such building material:
So such a sheet is unrolled and rolled through a rolling machine, in the design of which there are rollers that can form a wave of profiled sheets.
It turns out that the process of creating a mold is cold rolling.
There are no thermal technical processes, and at the same time, the dimensions of the roller determine the dimensions of the waves of the material. If it is necessary to increase or decrease such a parameter, it is necessary to change the rollers. Now, what about the varieties of profiled flooring in terms of layers of protection. The galvanized layer itself is an excellent protection of steel against metal corrosion.
In this state, the professional flooring will last up to 10 years. If its front side is painted with protective paints and varnishes, then the service life will increase to 15, and in certain climatic conditions, up to 25 years. And the corrugated board covered with polymer can be used up to 50 years. But there is an important condition - it is impossible to damage the protective layers, and if this happened, then the operational period is reduced to 5 years.
Now we should go to the classification of sheets of profiled type, and there are 3 main positions:
And now about the parameters.
So, when we figured out what they are profiled sheets, you can go to the topic of the article.
First of all, you need to understand the technical parameters and dimensions of the C8 wall profiled flooring. Let's start with raw materials, and for this they use cold-rolled steel grade 220-350. Sheet thickness ranges from 0.04-0. 07 cm.
The thicker the sheet, the higher the strength characteristics of the material, and hence the price. But the pricing will be affected by another parameter - the applied zinc layer. According to GOST, this size can vary in the range of 140-275 grams per square meter. Today on the market you can find profiled panels, which are made of galvanized sheet and its protection layer thickness is 100 grams per square meter. This profiled type material is much cheaper, although it is sold as a standard option.
This is a real deception and it is worth being vigilant.
What about the technical characteristics of C8 corrugated board. The brand designation is C8-1150-0. 5. It turns out that the profile height is 0.
8 cm, the useful width is 1. 15 meters, and the metal thickness is 0.5 mm. Moreover, the total panel width is 1.2 meters.
It should be explained that profiled sheets, regardless of size and brand, are overlapped in one wave, and so you can achieve the tightness of the assembled structure or coating.
For this reason, when calculating the required amount of building material, it is the usable area, and not the total. As for the length of the profiled type sheet, then, like all modifications, this parameter varies in a fairly large range - from 0.5 to 12 meters. This is a huge plus, since it is possible to trim directly in the workshop to the required parameters, the dimensions of the plane that will be framed.
For example, on the wall in the process of facing work, seams and joints will not form, which can spoil the appearance. Now about the type of profile. The profiled wall sheet has 8 types of waves.
Requirements for profiled sheet C8
GOST regulates the following requirements:
8 cm, and corrugation height 0.1 cm.
15 cm per meter of length.
Let's consider one more coverage.
I would like to say a few words about the polymer coatings that are currently used by manufacturers to increase the service life of C8 profiled sheet.
- Polyester is the cheapest sheeting material and will cover the panels with a glossy film. The applied layer thickness is 25 µm.
It is an extremely thin layer that can withstand mechanical stress terribly. But among private developers, such sheets have become incredibly popular. And if they are installed correctly, then even under harsh operating conditions they will serve for about 25 years.
- Matt type polyester. In terms of composition, it is 1 in 1, which is glossy.
But the rough structure does not make it possible to apply it in a thin layer, and therefore the thickness will be approximate - about 50 microns. Hence the higher wear resistance and strength parameters. And the service life rises to 40 years.
- Pural - such a polymer is applied to a galvanized surface in such a layer, 50 microns. This is a completely different polymer material, namely a mixture that includes polyurethane, polyamide and acrylic.
A very durable coating that will last at least 50 years.
- Plastisol is, in essence, polyvinyl chloride, as well as plasticizers. It is applied in the thickest layer - 200 microns, and hence the high strength characteristics. But such a polymer is not friendly with high temperatures, and this must be taken into account when choosing it. To the advantages of the polymer, one can add that at the moment the manufacturers are doing with embossing, namely with imitation for different building materials - stone, wood, sand, leather, etc.
- PVDF is a mixture of acrylic (20%) and polyvinyl fluoride. This is the most modern type of coating, the most durable and expensive. The service life is 50 years, and with a layer thickness of only 20 microns.
So, the cost of C8 corrugated board, the technical characteristics of which are impressive, depends on the polymer with which the material was processed. For this reason, it is immediately required to indicate the price component of the C8-1150-0 profiled sheet.
5. We will not touch upon the price depending on the sheet thickness.
The video tells about the dimensions of the corrugated board.
In general, all sheets of the profiled type are set in the same way, namely, there are certain rules that cannot be neglected. We only missed the fact that we got a low quality of the final result.
We propose to designate the following rules:
- As noted above, adjacent sheets, regardless of whether they are laid in a vertical, inclined or horizontal plane, they are overlapped in 1-2 waves.
- If you do the joining of two adjacent sheets in a longitudinal view, then the displacement of one relative to the other should not be less than 0. 1 meter. And the smaller the angle of inclination of the covered plane, the more overlap should be.
- Attach the material to the batten or frame with Hex head self-tapping screws.
In this case, the mount must be provided with a gasket of neoprene rubber, which does not change its size and operational parameters under the influence of various temperatures and rays of the sun.
- Fastening is carried out only along the lower wave, and if it is required to fasten two adjacent sheets together, then short self-tapping screws are used, which are screwed into the upper profile of the overlap area of two waves.
- Self-tapping screws must be screwed in exactly perpendicular to the laid sheet. It is impossible to carry out the fastening with a bias, and therefore the leaking fit of the neoprene gasket to the profiled panel plane is obtained. It turns out that a gap is formed.
This is extremely important when laying the profiled sheet on the roof structure.
- Do not tighten the fastening products strongly. It is still impossible to leave it in an unfinished state, and in both cases the formation of a leaky bond will occur. It turns out that the self-tapping screw for the roof should press the profiled flooring against the crate, and not press it in with great effort.
In the video you will find the rules for attaching profiled sheets to the frame or crate.
Profiled material C8, with its not the greatest strength characteristics, is very popular among developers in the countryside. The low cost, as well as the rather low stiffness of the panels, will make it possible to use them in a wide range of construction operations. In addition, recently, home decoration and household blocks with a sheet have become popular, where the C8 brand is again used.
Posted By: Work Style |04, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |06, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |04, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |13, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |10, Nov 2020