Properties, characteristics and field of application of silicate bricks
Silicate bricks are material that is made by pressing. It consists of 90% quartz sand, and 10% of lime and other additives. What to give such a mixture the shape of a brick, and it is pressed and exposed to steam at a temperature of + 170 ...
+ 200 degrees. If the product is made correctly, then there will be no chips on its edges. The brick weight is 4 kg. We suggest you consider what a silicate brick is, its application and its characteristics. Silicate bricks are widely used in the construction industry, and there are materials of different grades and sizes.
|Characteristics and parameters||Hollow ceramic bricks (30-40%), front / ordinary||Silicate hollow brick (30-40%), front / private|
|Density, kg / m 3||From 1200 to 1400||From 1400 to 1500 (M150), from 1500 to 1600 (M200)|
|Strength, kg / cm 2||M125-M175||M150-M200|
|Frost resistance (cycle)||F50-F100||F35-F75|
|Thermal conductivity, W / mS||From 0.27 to 0.42||From 0.57 to 0. 82|
|Water absorption,%||From 8 to 12||From 8 to 12|
|Weight, kg|| From 2. |
2 to 2. 6
Here are the properties:
- This material has a size of 26 * 12 * 6. 5 cm, and due to this, the brick will fit in the hand without any problems. It can be thickened and one and a half.
- The strength of the material will be determined by its brand, and the higher it is, the greater the strength - this is the M75 brand, silicate brick M100 and M125, as well as silicate brick M150.
- This material is also divided into front and private. The first option, when laying, requires revetment, and the second has a high-quality and even surface. This will make it possible to use it as a cladding material.
Now let's talk about the use of the material.
The use of silicate type bricks is quite varied:
Please note that this type of brick is not suitable for building baths, multi-storey buildings, fireplaces and laundries. He is not able to withstand high temperatures, begins to burst and explode. It also saturates moisture quite strongly.
But even despite this, it can be used to build chimneys (only if the temperature is not more than +250 degrees):
We have been using this material for about 70 years, and a new material for masonry has also appeared, but silicate brick, the scope of which is almost unlimited, does not lose popularity. It is used as the manufacture of columns for garages and fences. The fact is that it is precisely its low cost that attracts consumers.
In addition, progress does not stand still and silicate bricks are constantly being improved in their production and are popular.
Advantages of silicate bricks
There are certain stereotypes in society about such material. But here it should be noted the fact that all materials are not perfect. Each building has its own material, and it is important to note that due to the incorrect interpretation of certain norms, there are many misconceptions about such material. To begin with, it is important to figure out which of them is true and which is not.
Laying materials requires skills, and although it should be said that everyone can independently lay ordinary materials. But to make the facing immediately does not work, and this already requires practice. Let's highlight the advantages.
| The silicate type products are quite durable, and solid bricks are perfect for heavy loads. Hollow floor slabs perfectly withstand floor slabs, and such material is more durable, unlike ceramic bricks and is able to withstand high loads.
The cost of such products is 20-30% lower than that of the ceramic version. Its cost is lower due to lower energy costs in production and cheaper raw materials.
| You can still make laying independently, which made the material attractive. In this case, the cost of the building will be much lower.
For comparison - to make a ceramic material, it will take from 4 to 6 days, for a silicate material, only 1 day will be spent.
|This indicator is at a height, and at the same time it is hollow option is no exception. This indicator is perfect for residential premises.|
|These products have smooth edges and a smooth plane, which makes it possible make the correct geometric shapes with a perfectly flat surface.|
Colors and shades
|The latest technologies have made it possible to choose a wide range of colors, and this makes it possible to fulfill all solutions (if required, you can find different forms of such material).|
| The material meets all sanitary requirements, the composition contains components of only natural origin .
Please note that certain experts claim that moisture absorption by such material is much lower in comparison with clay bricks, and this is stipulated in accordance with GOST. But this is wrong, and it will be more slowly saturated with moisture. True, the material dries out much longer and the room will be much cooler, and also have a high degree of dampness.
The number of sand-lime bricks in one cubic meter of masonry will depend on the thickness of the joint, and this can be calculated in an online calculator. The video shows how to properly store and transport the material. It is one thing to buy high quality products, but it still needs to be delivered in good condition and preserved.
Disadvantages of the material
There are also certain negative qualities of silicate bricks, before buying you need to familiarize yourself with them:
- Small resistance to frost - as a result of this, the house will need an additional degree of insulation. It is for this reason that the indicators decrease and the reliability of the material becomes worse.
- Low thermal insulation - if this is a residential type of premises, it will need to be insulated, and this entails additional costs.
- The mass of the material is higher than that of clay bricks - there are also positive points in this, a small structure will be more stable.
- This brick is not recommended for the construction of buildings with a large number of floors, foundations, stoves and others.
Please note that it is required to note the fact that the disadvantages of this material are not so significant. If we take the cost and indicators, it becomes clear that in certain cases it will be simply irreplaceable.
The characteristics and applications of silicate bricks are varied. The fact is that there are many types of products, and therefore there is an option to choose exactly what you need for you.
Important! Whatever type of material to choose from the listed list, it is important to determine by the use of the structure.
Immediately you need to look at the height of the room and make the correct calculations. For a high plane, double materials or one and a half are ideal, which will speed up the construction.
But if you do not have a very large room and there are many transitions, then it is better to opt for a single option. This will make it much easier.
Laying of silicate-type bricks can be done fully independently. Such material is perfectly processed and it is not difficult to fit the bricks, and for work you will need to stock up on tools.
It is desirable that there are no stiffeners at the edges.
Before laying the bricks, it is recommended to hold them slightly in water to prevent moisture absorption from the working solution. Laying always starts at construction angles and should be done using a level and a plumb line. The geometry should be perfect:
- First of all, lay a waterproofing layer on the base, and an old roofing felt is perfect for this.
- Make the markings right away, and then take the cord and check the diagonals. This will determine the correctness of the geometric shape, and this must be done.
- Make opposite corners, just fit the first 5 rows. You need to drive a nail into the seam and do the same in two corners. Immediately pull a thin thread or fishing line over the nails, which in no case should sag.
- Then start ordering, and the vertical seam should never be the same to make the masonry more durable.
- Even after laying each row, it should be checked by means of a building level.
- For a uniform and correct seam, a template that will be prepared in advance is usually used.It will make it possible to make a perfect even seam and at the same time quickly.
- First, take a brick and attach it to dry.
If it fits in length, then apply the entire trowel solution. In this case, it is required to lay and press it, as well as make rotational movements. Plant a brick and there will be no air in the masonry.
- Squeeze out the mortar and remove immediately with a trowel.
- Do not forget to do the jointing, but not right away, you need to give the solution time to dry a little, and then embroider.
- You can also choose the desired color, and for interior masonry it is quite possible to choose a dry mix, which is sold in different colors.
If done correctly, you will have a solid and high-quality structure. If it is heated, then insulation is required, and it is best to do it outside. Most often, a combination of silicate and clay bricks is used for the walls outside, and an air layer is made between them, which will make the room much warmer. How many bricks are in the cage and its weight you need to immediately look at the calculator, since the size of the base depends on this.
The instruction helps to do everything correctly and avoid mistakes.
Posted By: Work Style |12, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |09, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |13, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |13, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |04, Nov 2020