Insulated Swedish plate. Usually, when building houses, the first thing to do is to fill the foundation. Not only the durability of the building depends on it, but also to increase the savings on maintaining the temperature level in the room, due to the energy efficiency of the foundation.
The insulated Swedish plate fully complies with these points.
The insulated Swedish plate is a solid base made of reinforced concrete material that unites underfloor heating and other devices.
There are many types of foundations: strip, pile and slab. But in our century of new technologies, it is permissible to make a new type of foundation - the Swedish plate. This is a shallow tile-type material, made of concrete, reinforced with reinforcement.
Contains many layers, will speed up construction and solve many problems:
Insulates the foundation slab,
- Convenient placement of electrical cables, pipes and sewer system,
- Not subject to deformation,
- Thanks to the heating function, it will maintain an optimal temperature indoors,
- A secure base for finishing flooring.
Please note: A foundation with a built-in heating system is installed on earthen areas where there is an increased level of sand, clay and peat formation.
Using monolithic slabs, it is allowed to construct the following buildings:
- buildings from logs,
- buildings from timber,
- houses from panels,
- frame buildings,
- brick and concrete buildings.
Limited in the construction of buildings in height, maximum 3 floors on warm slabs. Before the construction of the Swedish slab, it is necessary to carry out calculations and also take into account the load from the mass and the characteristics of the earth. Correctly selected materials from which there will be walls, ceilings and floors play a huge role. Electrical devices should be placed according to the rules of the relevant documentation.
The Swedish insulated foundation slab is a complex, multi-layer structure. Installation can be expensive. Before making the final decision to install warm stoves, it is important to carefully study all the nuances.
Sandwich structures are preferred in the following cases:
- If the building will be erected in an area with problem soil,
- If the height of the room is less than 10 meters ,
- If an area with a zero groundwater mark is located nearby.
Advantages and disadvantages
The experience of using this foundation by the Swedes proves that it really supports the resource of energy saving.
The insulated Swedish plate is already actively used in Europe, in Russia this material is just beginning to be used. House of insulated Swedish slab,
- Accelerated installation times.All communications are built in simultaneously with the foundation.
- Absolutely even concrete surface due to final sanding of the surface. Allows the topcoat to be laid directly on concrete.
- In the cold season, there is no possibility that the soil will deform from frost.
- For the construction of an insulated base, you can do without special equipment. Saving money on loading devices.
- The latest technology of multi-layer foundation. Heating coils are located directly between the concrete layers, thus avoiding additional work.
This will save you time.
- It is possible to use this foundation on a wide variety of soils. Due to the fact that reinforcement is present in the concrete, construction can be carried out even on problem land.
- The temperature is evenly distributed over the spirals and the coating.
- Protects against dampness and mold.
Eliminates high humidity.
- The complexity of repair work due to the difficult access to the built-in thermal communications.
- Short service life, since the service life of the built-in heat carrier is limited.
- Eliminates basement arrangements.
- It is necessary to have the skills and knowledge to calculate, or you can entrust this work to professionals.
- High cost of work.
- Cannot be installed in places with sloping terrain.
Process of working with the material
Technology and device
Levels insulated Swedish plate:
- Includes all communications: pipes, sewer system and electrical wires.
- Insulated. Consists of expanded polystyrene, which acts as thermal insulation for the foundation.
- Reinforcing. Consists of reinforcement, prevents cracks in the heated floor.
- Heating, consisting of water pipes through which the heat carrier will be heated.
- A concrete base that protects thermal fluids and is the basis for the construction of buildings.
When creating a Swedish foundation, it is imperative to follow a special technology.
The entire slab deepens under the soil relative to the zero mark, thanks to which the soil does not deform during frost.
The whole range of works must be performed in a special sequence:
Setting the pit.
- Installation of all communications.
- Installation of thermal insulation.
- Reinforcing layer.
- Installation of underfloor heating.
- Concrete application.
Before starting this stage, it is necessary to conduct a study of the soil, its features, the depth of the reservoir. Only then should the installation project be drawn up.
The markup includes: ways of connecting communications and the contour of the foundation. After that, it is necessary to protect the site from precipitation by installing a special sewage system.
- cleaning the site from debris and plants,
- digging the ground to a depth of about 0.5 meters,
- laying a gravel-sand cushion of 0.3 meters,
- digging the entire boiler area for installing drainage pipes,
- filling up the clay layer, moistening and compacting it.
The next stage is the drainage system
- geotextile laying,
- crushed stone laying,
- crushed stone compaction,
- laying of drainage pipes,
- after laying all the materials we cover with another layer of geotextile.
Installation of communications
- installation of all communications,
- sanding, ramming.
- Checking the quality of the connection.
Heater selection and installation
It is recommended to choose heaters with minimal thermal insulation. Advantages of expanded polystyrene:
- environmentally friendly material,
- resistant to high humidity
- and the occurrence of dampness and breeding of microorganisms.
Reinforcement and underfloor heating installation
- Reinforcement mesh is tied with a special wire,
- Two-tier laying of reinforcing mesh,
- Distance between reinforcement mesh and heat insulator 30-40 cm.
Laying pipes for underfloor heating
There should be a distance of about 10 cm between the pipes.
- Distance from the walls 15-25 cm.
- Follow the sequence of special shifts.
Pouring with concrete
- Pouring the concrete mass with a layer of 10 centimeters.
- Time difference no more than 60 minutes.
- We ram the concrete pavement with a vibrator.
- We cover the concrete base with plastic wrap to avoid moisture evaporation.
The insulated Swedish plate is an excellent option for the foundation. Due to its energy-saving qualities and the durability of buildings made of it.
The waterproofing material under it will protect the surface from moisture and dampness.