Application of XC-436 enamel for painting (characteristics and properties)
Can the simplest paint protect the steel bottom of a ship from corrosion?
Naturally not, since it is not intended for this. But imported special materials are unreasonably expensive, and especially with the current rise in the dollar.
It turns out there is a solution! The enamel XC-436, the characteristics of which are so incredible, is specially designed and made for painting the underwater part of ships and boats, as well as in the area of variable waterline (abbreviated as PVL), and such a coating can be freely purchased anywhere in Russia, and the manufacturer will offer the most favorable conditions.
So, a few facts about enamel:
- Means XC-436 belongs to the class of two-component enamels on an epoxy-vinyl base and is used for painting surfaces that are made of steel.
- It is specially designed for ship hulls for use in water and also at the air-water interface, in the area of variable waterline.
- The coating will be resistant to gasoline, fuel oil, diesel fuel, oils, and also sea salt.
- The application of enamels will prevent corrosion and the spread of rust.
- After polymerization, the enamel composition has excellent mechanical strength - it is recommended to cover the PVL area in the icebreaker hull.
- Enamel of this type has a certificate of conformity and can meet the norms of TU 2321-011-60414707-2014.
Next, consider what the scope is.
Initially, this enamel was developed for industrial use in ship repair and shipyards for processing steel hulls both inside and out. Underwater surfaces, when painted in four layers, will retain their protective properties for 4 years, and the three-layer coating in place of the PVL is advised to renew the instructions once every 2 years. In addition to the main use, such enamel has perfectly proven itself when used as a coating for bridge supports and port facilities. At the moment, the use of such a paint and varnish product was found even in everyday life. Where you can find such enamel:
Now, a little from the composition.
Now other characteristics:
- Vinyl chloride copolymer enamel , and is made of the main component, as well as the AF-2 hardener.
- The main component is a whole complex of fillers and pigments, embedded in vinyl epoxy resin.
- The form of packaging is 25 kg buckets or 50 kg drum.
- Enamel colors are green, black and red-brown.
- The coating will be smooth or semi-matte.
- Has a pungent chemical aroma, and will evaporate after polymerization.
- The shelf life is 12 months, and it can be increased after checking according to TU 2312-011-60415707-2013.
- Certain manufacturing companies - Russian color, Lakokraska-Ya, Deltaplast, Khimprom-M, and also PKF Spectr.
- The selling price for 1 kg will be from 120 to 170 rubles, and the final price will depend on the delivery time, volumes and colors.
Now let's look at the technical properties.
|Viscosity according to a special device VZ-246 with a nozzle at 0.4 cm, +20 degrees||
|Consumption for layer thicknesses from 50 to 70 microns|| From 0.235 to 0. |
325 kg per square meter ( 1 liter for 3.5 to 5 square meters)
|Time for the layer to dry at a temperature of +20 degrees||3 hours before the second stage according to GOST 9.402|
|Fractional content of non-volatile substances||From 40 to 45% by weight, as well as from 23 to 27% by volume|
|Lifetime of adding hardeners||Not less than 8 hours at a temperature of +20 degrees|
The main stages of the painting process, the materials used and the requirements for surfaces are listed in the table.
|Preparatory stage for the surface|| |
|Surface to be treated||Other epoxy coatings and pre-primed surface|
|Priming prior to application||VL-023, KhS-010, AK-070 and EP-0263 S|
|Application conditions|| |
|Diluting agent||P-4 and P-4A|
|Hardener||AF-2, and it is included in the delivery set|
|Preparation for use|| |
|Application temperature||Temperature from -15 to +30 degrees, and humidity will not exceed 80%|
|Intermediate drying time||Two to three hours|
|Underwater application||Four coats|
|Application in place of PVL||Three layers|
After polymerization, it is possible to apply an antifouling coating. Household use is allowed, subject to certain precautions - working in an open space or in a well-ventilated area, the use of skin and respiratory protection is mandatory.
Manufacturers of XC-436 try to make their products the best, but since the main circle of consumers is average and older people, there are not so many reviews about enamel. Nevertheless, we managed to ask several people about their impressions of the use of enamels.
I had to find friends, and also bought for three.Enough for painting the bottom, supports, and the beams in the basement painted it. The boat departed perfectly seasonally and the coverage did not fly around, so I can safely recommend. "
Posted By: Work Style |12, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |05, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |10, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |08, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |08, Nov 2020