The spiral staircase is the most popular staircase construction in a cottage, apartment, country cottages. This demand for it is explained by the ability to significantly save space in the house, and at the same time bring certain features to the interior of the room.
Let's look at how to make a spiral staircase to the second floor with your own hands.
In a country building, you can most often see the following spiral staircases:
- Straight or rotary marching stairs.
- Prefabricated or modular stair structures.
- Ladders fixed by bolts, brackets or stringers.
- Screw structures-transformers.
- Stair structures inside the premises, as well as outside.
- Ladders that stand alone or are attached to a wall surface.
- Ladder structures with closed types of steps - they can be of both closed and open types.
- Screw structures with or without railings.
In addition, according to their intended purpose, all screw-type structures can be divided:
Stair designs also differ among themselves in the following ways:
Advantages and disadvantages of screw structures
Spiral staircases, like other types of structures, have certain advantages and disadvantages.
The main advantages of spiral structures include the following:
- The assembly of the product is compact - spiral staircases are much more compact compared to simple staircase structures. For this reason, they will take up much less space in the house. This indicator is extremely important for rooms of small area and size.
- Aesthetic properties - the helical spiral design looks very attractive from the side. She can become a real decoration of all rooms.
- Low cost - to mount such a staircase in a private country house will not be as expensive as building a simple staircase. To save money, you can do it yourself without resorting to the help of professionals.
- Stair placement - it can be mounted near the wall or in the center of the house.
- Stair spans can be done with the narrow part towards the center of the stairs, and the wide part should be near the wall.
The disadvantages include the following:
It is almost impossible to lift long objects up.
It should be remembered that spiral staircases have another feature - to narrow the steps on the other side.
If the stairs are very steep, then the narrowing also poses a certain threat when walking. Such a minus can be easily corrected by making reliable and strong railings.
Drawings of spiral staircases to the second floor help the work. For installation in your home, it is truly durable. A reliable and at the same time beautiful screw-type design, first you need to choose what materials the structure will be made of.
The material must always be of high quality and meet all safety requirements. Usually spiral staircases can be made of metal or wood.
Railings are usually made of plastic.
The simplest option for installing a spiral staircase in a building is a modular structure that is ready for the assembly process. These include pre-fabricated metal parts, steps made from natural wood, and supports made from shaped pipes.
Probably one of the most difficult moments in working on a drawing project of a screw structure will be the creation of a drawing. Professionals in this business strongly recommend that the development of a drawing of a spiral staircase be made only after a detailed plan of the first floor of the building is ready.
It should indicate the installation location of the screw-type structure. And the exact dimensions of the opening must be indicated in the plan, and they also take into account the scale of the building plan. In the drawing of the stairs, you need to indicate in detail all the characteristics of the product. These include the width of the inclined plane of the structure, as well as the thickness of the material. On their basis, all the calculations are made that are required for the further installation of the staircase.
Detailed calculations are required to be done very carefully, to think through everything to the smallest detail.In the opposite case, errors are ways to lead to the unreliability of the product, and the chance of injury during staircase operation.
When calculating, it is necessary to take into account the following points:
- Selection of a landing that are suitable for the construction of stairs, as well as the development of drawings. The staircase entrance to the second floor is at least 2 square meters. It must be accessible for structural assembly.
- Calculation of the number and placement of steps. Quite often spiral staircases do not have risers. Because of this, it is imperative to make small overlap of steps on top of each other at the point of narrowing.
- Calculation of the most convenient step width for climbing and descending a staircase. This is required in order to exclude hesitation for adjacent steps when walking.
Usually only 12 steps are enough to climb to the second floor.
- Increase the dimensions of the minimum staircase width. The standard width of the staircase is 1.2 meters. The slope degree is 45 degrees.
Let's talk about documentation with norms.
When working on spiral staircase projects, it is required to comply with the requirements of documents with standards, such as SNiP and GOST. The parameters indicated in them will take into account all the proportions and properties of the human structure. It is they who help to make a competent staircase drawing. In addition, they assist in the installation of the staircase structure.
The documentation contains the following characteristics:
All requirements must be met without fail. Such documents will regulate the activities of both construction companies and ordinary people who have a desire to do all the work on the installation of spiral structures with their own hands
Photos of spiral staircases to the second floor are important when designing your own. After all the calculations and drawings of the staircase have been completed, proceed with its installation in the chosen place. You can mount a spiral staircase with your own hands. In this case, it is required to comply with all assembly rules.
Installation of spiral staircases includes the following steps:
Fixing the spiral staircase with your own hands on the second floor of the house. everything is fixed in the opening to the walls or by means of the upper step.
In this case, it is important to use bolts.
Usually, a paint and varnish material is chosen for a wooden surface or parquet. Each new paint layer is applied to the dried, old layer.
When installing products of a screw type, elements from other types of material are sometimes added to the main structure. For example, wood stairs are complemented with plastic or stone elements. In steel structures, elements made of wood look great.
These can be handrails or steps. To create curved railings, you need to soak the wood for a long time, and then dry it in a special vice. It is more profitable to use a simple wood imitation or the use of plywood. If you carefully make all the calculations, do everything according to the prepared drawings, follow the installation rules, then you can easily make a spiral staircase with your own hands. If such work seems unrealistic, then you can contact the specialists.
Posted By: Work Style |03, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |10, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |02, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |09, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |12, Nov 2020