The paint remover is the best tool for removing paintwork
Old paint and varnish material on the wall surface can become a real head pain during cosmetic repairs. Especially if you want to update the wall surfaces in an old foundation house. But there is still a way out, and this is the drill paint picker, which is a great accessory.
So what is it? The paint remover is a special drill attachment, which is a pin with three or even more pieces of a metal chain mounted on it.
In the on state, the chains begin to unwind and, under the influence of centrifugal force, knock pieces of paint and varnish from the wall surface.
This type of nozzle is incredibly popular in Belarus, Russia, Ukraine , and also in other CIS countries. Initially, it was used by folk craftsmen and craftsmen. Later, such an effective and simple device began to be made even under factory conditions. The invention went to the masses. The nozzle has a huge amount of advantage compared to other methods.
Such an object will work on a different principle, and it is capable of knocking down huge fragments of paint and varnish material from the surface of the walls without creating a huge amount of dirt and dust.
Thanks to these advantages, the device has been acquired by many people.
Many people immediately take several kits to perform work in the whole apartment or in the whole house.
Despite the huge number of advantages, the attachment has certain disadvantages:
- Danger of work. When working, huge areas of old paint and varnish material will come off.In certain cases, fragments begin to come off along with pieces of concrete or even putty. Such fragments can injure or simply injure a person.
For this reason, it is imperative to strictly adhere to safety precautions.
- High wear rate of the drill chuck. The device works according to the shock principle. Each chip of paint and varnish material is equivalent to the impact of a perforator, and therefore it is required to select electrical tools according to certain criteria.
- Small resource.
The links from the nozzle begin to wear out quickly or even break completely. Usually one set is enough for wall treatment in one or two rooms.
- Rough finish. The paint and varnish material begins to fly off in pieces, and makes the surface of the walls rough. Notches will remain on it.
After these dismantling works, additional surface preparation is required for a fine finish. Particular attention should be paid to working with wooden floors or other wood floors. The paint stripper can dent the wood and cause large chips to fly off.
Taking into account such a disadvantage, we can say with confidence that the tool is perfect for performing rough work.
Most often, such a nozzle is used precisely for cleaning wall surfaces from old paint layer.
However, he is able to perform other tasks as well:
This can be done using a nozzle. But work should be done very carefully.
Before using the device, read the safety rules.
When working with attachments, the following safety rules should be observed:
- Always wear protective glasses, gloves and a respirator. It is advisable not to leave exposed areas of the skin on the hands.
- Only suitable electrical equipment is used to avoid damage to the instruments.
- If possible, turn off the electrical power in the room where the dismantling work will be carried out. Often there are exposed wires under the layer of paint and varnish, and in this case there is a great risk of cable break.
Let's talk about which drill should be done.
It is important to select electric tools with the recommended parameters, otherwise the drill will quickly break:
An electric drill with given characteristics does not break and will make it possible to process almost all surfaces.
In addition to the paint picker for the drill, there are other wall treatment methods.
- Paddle attachment for rotary hammer. The tool should be switched to the "bump stop" mode and pry on the paintwork material from one side, as if digging under its layer. The method is really reliable, but long.
- Brush attachment for drill.
A whisk made of metal thread will remove the layer of paint and varnish material, forming a thick dusty cloud. A neat and rather slow method in which toxic substances are released.
- Professional tools for sanding wall surfaces. The average speed of work, and the huge cost of the tool itself and consumables for it.
- Thermal hair dryer.
Wall surfaces should be heated with an industrial hair dryer until the layer of paint and varnish material becomes elastic. When performing work, it is required to emit a huge amount of toxic fumes.
- Spatula or ax. The most proven and oldest method, although it is also the least effective. The speed of work with an ax or even a spatula is much less than when using a nozzle or other electric tool.
- Liquid for removing paint. The best way to remove paintwork material. It is efficient, safe, fast, convenient and economical.
As you can see, there are many alternative options.
It is the paint remover that is a simple and inexpensive device that allows the master to remove the old paint layer in a short time.
The main requirement when working with it will be the correct selection of an electric drill and compliance with safety rules.
Posted By: Work Style |02, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |10, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |05, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |01, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |08, Nov 2020