Primer for walls under wallpaper - which one to choose and how to make it yourself
A primer for walls under wallpaper is also found in retail, and it is also quite often done even by hand.
But most people are wondering whether it is necessary to prime the wall surfaces before wallpapering and, if so, by what means to finish the walls before gluing the wallpaper.
We invite you to see photos and videos on this topic, as well as to do all the work correctly.
Before you decide whether you need priming of wall surfaces before wallpapering, you should understand why it is required. Further, after you figure it out, you can decide whether you need to prime the surface of the walls before gluing the wallpaper, specifically in your case.
If you are not completely sure that you are able to correctly assess what types of work are needed in your case, we suggest that you invite a master for a consultation. He will help draw up a work plan, inspect them and do everything in a short time, quickly and efficiently. Whether it is necessary to prime the wall surfaces before wallpapering, should be decided by the state of the room. If we are talking about an ordinary utility room and there is almost no one there, then it is quite possible to do without priming the walls before pasting the wallpaper. But these are not all the rules, because the wall is part of the frame of the house and the fungal colonies are ways to expand throughout the structure as a whole.
It will simply fill the pores and cracks of the surface, and it also enhances the bonding of surfaces and increases the life of the wallpaper. This is one of the main parameters, which requires priming under the wallpaper.
Let's take a closer look at the preparation stage.
Next, we propose to figure out how to properly prime the surface of the walls before wallpapering. Like any other job, this will require the right preparation.
Durability will largely depend on it, therefore, we propose to figure out in order how to prime the walls for wallpaper:
Please note that if wallpaper sheets do not absorb moisture well and lag very poorly from the wall surface, then they need to make cuts on them for perfect moisture penetration.
These days in hardware stores you can find a special liquid that helps to quickly remove wallpaper. It should be added to a bucket of water, moisten the wall, and leave in this form for 1/2 hour.
After this time, wet the wall surface again and you can easily remove the old wallpaper from the walls.
- A good primer for walls under wallpaper plays an important role, because the quality of work will depend on it. When the wallpaper is removed, wash the walls with warm water as best as possible and clean the wall surfaces with a wide spatula from whitewash and adhesive.
- Very often there is high humidity in rooms, for example, it concerns the bathroom and kitchen, and mold begins to collect in the corners. It must be removed so that it does not appear on the newly repaired wall.
- Places where mold has appeared should be treated with bleach. Typically, you need 0.2 kg per liter of water.
It should be borne in mind that when pasting places where there was previously mold, the adhesive should be bought with a fungicide content.
- After removing the old layer of wallpaper, mildew and adhesive, the wall surface should be carefully examined. It is important to fill up any unevenness and cracks found. If your apartment is not warm enough, you can warm it up with a thin layer of foam. This method not only makes it possible to make the apartment warmer, but also hides wall defects.
before priming the ceiling, you should get rid of the hook, cracks and holes, putty everything well. If the ceiling is made of plasterboard, gypsum or any other porous type surface, then it must be primed in any case and do not hope for chance.
Now let's look at the works themselves.
Working with the priming compound
Next, we will decide what exactly the walls should be primed with before the wallpaper appears on them. There are many materials in the retail trade, and some people do it with PVA glue.
The priming of the walls is also carried out before pasting the wallpaper with exactly the same glue that is used when gluing the material itself, and for this it should only be slightly diluted with water. For this reason, how exactly to prime the walls is up to you. Just before that, you should carefully read the instructions for using the primer, and it simply can be for different surfaces, although all the tools are applied by hand. Recommendations:
To stir the solution, you can use a drill with a mixer attachment, and in this case, you will get an excellent composition. It is very difficult to get this quality of the composition manually.
On a perfectly flat wall, you can work with a paint roller, and this is much more convenient and also smoother than working with a brush.
What types of quilting products are there?
Before starting processing, let's decide which one to choose a primer for walls for wallpaper, and for this we will consider the most popular materials for use.
This type of primer can be used with putty, concrete and plaster. Acrylic primer mix always gets the job done.
Please note that if the wall surface is poorly processed, then a primer with deep penetration is ideal, but a simple (universal) tool does a pretty good job too.
- A primer for wallpaper should be of excellent quality, and in order to avoid trouble, you should buy a primer from popular companies. Do not look at the inscription "under the wallpaper", because this is just a marketing ploy
- In stores you can often see products that are signed as "wallpaper primer", but this is just PVA glue in a diluted form. But here you should know that such a composition is several times more expensive than PVA glue itself. It is for this reason that before you buy an acrylic primer, be careful and see that the packaging indicates that the primer is made from a mixture of acrylic polymers, not PVA glue.
- Acrylic primer should be between 0.
1 and 0.2 liters per square meter. This can depend on how porous the walls are.
- The primer should be applied with a paint roller, but if there are areas that are difficult to reach, it is worth working with a wide brush. The primer should dry for about 3 hours, and then you can start pasting the wallpaper.
And one more way.
Priming the walls with an adhesive for wallpaper
Many people know the option of priming walls directly with an adhesive for wallpaper. But do not rush with this method of processing, and you should know that not any glue will work, but only a few brands of wallpaper adhesives are suitable for priming walls.
If there is no such inscription, then the glue will not work. And although in certain cases such a material can be used, it cannot be compared with the same acrylic primer, because it is much easier and more pleasant to work with it.
So you can safely say that you should not save on priming the walls in the house and reinvent the notorious bicycle, because acrylic putty was invented and will make your home much better.
In any construction market there are components in order to make a primer for walls under the wallpaper with your own hands. Such a composition is not difficult to make, it does not take much time, and it is also immediately ready to work.
The most important thing in manufacturing is the correct proportions. Each recipe, which is described below, will help you understand how to make the tool yourself.
Composition of deep penetration
Requires 1 liter of PVA glue, 8 liters of water and 1 trowel of crushed chalk or cement. You can make the tool like this:
As part of the primer, PVA glue protects the surface from moisture, and it also has excellent adhesion properties.
You will need 0.5 liters of wood (bone) glue, 0.1 kg of copper sulfate , 7 liters of water and packaging of laundry soap by 65%.
The primer composition is done as follows:
- Bring water to a boil, and then pour the soap crushed on a grater into it.
- Reduce heat and add copper sulfate and glue.
- Keep the mixture on fire for 1/2 hour and stir.
- Strain the mixture through a gauze bandage.
The reinforcement mix not only helps to strengthen the structure of concrete walls, but also protects against the formation and growth of black mold.
Primer for wood
You need 1 liter of water, 0.25 kg of alum, 30 grams of drying oil, 0.2 kg of dry paint glue, packaging of laundry soap and 2 kg of chalk. Cooking:
Please note that penetrating primers are fortifying properties and antifungals are adhesive. For this reason, you can use the tool for tasks not intended for it.
Posted By: Work Style |01, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |01, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |06, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |05, Nov 2020
Posted By: Work Style |04, Nov 2020